Wide fronts ? 400 450..

cwinn

I'd like a IH wide front for my 400. Saw some nice ones at Red power . Looked like the came off a 06 series. All pics I see I can't see the piece that bolts on to hook to tierods. What's the best option fellas? 

37 minutes ago, cwinn said:

I'd like a IH wide front for my 400. Saw some nice ones at Red power . Looked like the came off a 06 series. All pics I see I can't see the piece that bolts on to hook to tierods. What's the best option fellas? 

I'd find one as close to your model as possible frame width is critical for the rear cross member and also the bolster piece not sure what model 06 your referring too eihter

On 11/4/2022 at 2:21 PM, VacDaddyt said:

Bolt pattern is the same but there is a two inch height difference on the front saddle from a 560 and newer and the 400-50 series that needs to be taken into consideration.

Thank you ,I will measure first . I have a beautiful wide front of a 656 hydro cabbage picker that was removed when new ,because tractor is suspended off picker steered with cylinders.  Maybe I can just change the support and cast piece

On 11/4/2022 at 11:01 AM, cwinn said:

. What's the best option fellas? 

I like a Shwartz over an IH. there's one on FB but it Willard,Ohio , he started at $650 but dropped it to $600- little steep - the pic is the actual one for sale

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1608390002744896/permalink/3196250200625527/?sale_post_id=3196250200625527

May be an image of outdoors

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hillman said:

I like a Shwartz over an IH. there's one on FB but it Willard,Ohio , he started at $650 but dropped it to $600- little steep - the pic is the actual one for sale

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1608390002744896/permalink/3196250200625527/?sale_post_id=3196250200625527

May be an image of outdoors

Hmm,I have a swartz on another rough 400 ,maybe I'll switch em and find big rubber for it..

9 minutes ago, cwinn said:

Hmm,I have a swartz on another rough 400 ,maybe I'll switch em and find big rubber for it..

1 hour ago, cwinn said:

Thank you ,I will measure first . I have a beautiful wide front of a 656 hydro cabbage picker that was removed when new ,because tractor is suspended off picker steered with cylinders.  Maybe I can just change the support and cast piece

I think all you need is to space the rear support 2" to adapt it. It's going to be much easier to get 6 bolt wheels for wide tires then adapting the 3 bolt wheels off a 400/450

• Like 2