Cool old picture

Brockpend

Found this picture of my great grandmother in October of 1955, thought I’d share. 

looks like it was taken outside of a dealership? And she’s sitting on a regular? Should’ve been taken around Steubenville, ohio

4E04D89B-0809-4A86-B1E6-E0B2DCDE7FCA.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

I dont know my early farmalls well enough but I don't see a starting tank and the steering wheel looks wrong for a regular. Might be an F20? In any case neat pic. Ty for sharing.

• Like 2

Cool picture for sure!

Interesting that it definitely looks like it's at a dealership, albeit in the mid fifties. Look at the banner, and look at the tire wear. So that was a 20 year old machine in front of the dealership. Picture is from somewhere around 1955/56 is my (amateur) guess.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

Aren't those tires an early example of those "long bar-short bar" tires everybody loves to hate?

All the bars look short to me, as in tread wear. Maybe it was a custom puller!!!!

But yes, they do look like long bar short bar. Good observation. I thought that was a newer thing myself.

Cool picture with even better family history. Nose cone on the banner in the back is a good tell tale of date also like was mentioned. Looks to be an advertisement for the 3/400 or similar. I have a few old pics like that with dates stamped on them. I was told recently that the dates are when the film was developed which would make sense but possibly be after the picture was taken a little while. That takes nothing away from your picture at all though! Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Art From Coleman said:

Aren't those tires an early example of those "long bar-short bar" tires everybody loves to hate?

I think it was a BF Goodrich that I had on my A when I got it with that tread pattern 

I'm with Dan on this being a Regular. The rear axle has no cast in footrests on top like the F-20 would have. The steering wheel was probably replaced. The tractor may have been repainted and freshened up for sale by the dealer. The gas tank cap appears to be the early threaded cap instead of the later twist on cap we are all familiar with seeing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

look like 45 degree tires to me but the angle is wierd. Like KWRD said I think they were newer than 1955

I found this chart . from what I have been told A and P were worse than long bar short bar design

c72262dce578ffca7b09cab58abea51c.jpg

Back at the place I lived late eighties or so I had a neighbor with an H with those tires . I don’t remember what the brand was . I just remember the long bar short bars and that they were old enough to be labeled 10-38 size.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hillman said:

look like 45 degree tires to me but the angle is wierd. Like KWRD said I think they were newer than 1955

I found this chart . from what I have been told A and P were worse than long bar short bar design

I have no idea, all I know is the picture says oct of 1955 

On 11/1/2022 at 9:14 PM, hillman said:

I love the P style. Never ever operated them but I think they look wicked cool.