504 manifold, elbow, pipe.....

Pnutfarmer

In searching for a new manifold, elbow, and pipe for my Farmall 504 gas engine tractor, I have found that some places are out of stock and a variation of prices at others.  Is there different manufactures for the manifold or are all of the different ones found the same item with differences in price?  Is there a place you would recommend to purchase these items based on quality of product and service? 

504 manifold.jpg

It is my personal opinion that they're all made in the same place, packed in a container, sent over here, and distributed to whoever wants to sell them. From there the only difference is packaging, and you are paying for that packaging.

In other products, I have not seen any visible difference in quality or construction from cheap to expensive. That is what leads me to believe this.

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Pnutfarmer said:

Still searching...... 

You'll probably want to snatch up the first one you find, regardless of the cost, regardless of the seller. You may not get another chance.

There is a distinct possibility that they may never make any more. It all depends on how quickly the last batch sold out, and I suspect that they've been selling off the last batch for a long long time. That does not bode well for any more being made.

Maybe Jensales or Waltstractors could have one. They didn't say "NO".

I would have the checkbook at the ready if you find one.

If you are going to haggle over the price, you will probably go without.

I do know that Meyer's Tractor Salvage buys up all the old "killer" tractors in this area and he parts them out

They had a lot of the old stuff.

Give Paul a call and see what he has.

http://www.meyerstractor.com/

Glad my 504 is good! Looks like it was new before the blew up the motor.

Not sure where you're located, but Stromp's Dump in Spalding, NE might be a good source for a used one.

We went on a shopping trip over there last Wednesday and came home with a good W9 fuel tank, final drive covers for a SA, pan seat with leaf springs for a SA, a set of front wheel weights for a SA and a few odds-and-ends for a 660 for a couple hundred bucks.