Whiskey in the Jar O

806Jordy

We had an influx of yellow jackets last month. My wife poured a glass of wine and at some point, went to have a sip and found a yellow jacket swimming the backstroke in the glass. She exclaimed; holy $hit I almost had a bee in my mouth!!! 😫

19 hours ago, Steve C. said:

Another version. Actually the first one I heard. In case you don't already know, Metallica did an album of covers, of bands that influenced them, and this was on it.

• Like 1

Better than crushing a stink bug that was in the lid of your thermos first thing in the morning. Or spitting an earwig out after taking a sip out of the same thermos, different day. Or having your wife find a cricket leg in the bottom of her soda she just finished from the convenience store.  But the all time worst for me was the toe nail clipping I found in my mouth after drinking Chocolate milk when I was in my 20's. The only moth I had dealings with flew into my ear, up the ear canal, and was fluttering it's wings against my eardrum. The nurse at the hospital poured baby oil in my ear which allowed the drowned creature to wash out. Now, at least I know what to do should it happen again.

2 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

But the all time worst for me was the toe nail clipping I found in my mouth after drinking Chocolate milk when I was in my 20's. The only moth I had dealings with flew into my ear, up the ear canal, and was fluttering it's wings against my eardrum. The nurse at the hospital poured baby oil in my ear which allowed the drowned creature to wash out. Now, at least I know what to do should it happen again.

That happened to me once also.  I walked past a porch light and one flew right on in (it's a wonder he didn't fly right on through).  Couldn't flush him out with water, so I used tweezers and pulled him out without hitting my ear drum.  When those wings are beating your drum, nothing else matters - just get him out of there.

• Like 1

I'm reminded of a joke:

A Frenchman, a German, and an Irishman go into a pub and each orders a whiskey. When the whiskies arrive they've each got a fly in them.

The Frenchman says "Mon Dieu! I cannot drink zis!", pitches the whiskey at the barkeep and leaves. 

The German flicks the fly out and downs his whiskey. 

The Irishman grabs up the fly, turns it upside down and shakes it and yells "spit it out! Spit it out!"

Also, the best version of Whiskey in the Jar:

Mac