Jump to content

Upgrades for the 5X88 tractors


IH686neuss
 Share

Recommended Posts

Modern lighting. I run quadtracs at work and these new headlights like up a jobsite likes its noon and sunny!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, acem said:

@88seriesrestorer

Can you tell us more about the high efficiency cab fan?

Instead of having the center mointed motor that the squirrel cages beat the bushings out of and then over draw.  The hi eff fan each cage has its own motor.  No more outta balance, they move more air and are quiet

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 88seriesrestorer said:

Instead of having the center mointed motor that the squirrel cages beat the bushings out of and then over draw.  The hi eff fan each cage has its own motor.  No more outta balance, they move more air and are quiet

Do they make those for the boxcar magnums as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info Mike!

The tray that goes on top of the dash is very handy.

The extra lights on the front end weight bracket.

I would like to add idiot lights & alarm to all my tractors for temp & oil. My wife won't look at the guages like I do...

image.png.c7912f9d5641e8c7b6842b00a01f4f16.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Magnum battery box and steps with both batteries on left side 

magnum door hinges and latch 

tray for dash is very nice and handy

air ride seat upgrades 

LED lights all around including dash and inside cab. 
auto steer systems are nice for long nights of field work

after market mirrors mounted on both sides.

sound proofing materials from Fehr Cab for floor and firewall and rear cab panels. Make them as quiet as the magnums. 1360332052_DSCF1966-Copy.thumb.JPG.ddb97f296cff64299c09ac57ac0b6bd5.JPG

Turbo upgrades and exhaust muffler eliminators help with lower exhaust temps and more HP

post-52664-0-73724200-1369019204_thumb.jpgpost-52664-0-18384100-1453415447_thumb.jpg

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/24/2022 at 10:24 PM, 660 driver said:

Modern lighting. I run quadtracs at work and these new headlights like up a jobsite likes its noon and sunny!

I did staet on that ive done that on some of my dads tractor good idea! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2022 at 7:14 AM, 88seriesrestorer said:

Make sure it has sentry in it first and foremost.  I have new ones.  Then look at fuse box and replace if melted.  Replace lights with leds, put in the high efficiency cab fan, and sanden comp setup.

Mike

Alright the owner said they put one in it several years ago. I will remeber the fan upgrade.  And check the compressor . I do have to work on the fuse panel its got issues.  Gonna replace it this winter witha fues panel or circut breakers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2022 at 8:19 PM, 5488Duke said:

Magnum battery box and steps with both batteries on left side 

magnum door hinges and latch 

tray for dash is very nice and handy

air ride seat upgrades 

LED lights all around including dash and inside cab. 
auto steer systems are nice for long nights of field work

after market mirrors mounted on both sides.

sound proofing materials from Fehr Cab for floor and firewall and rear cab panels. Make them as quiet as the magnums. 1360332052_DSCF1966-Copy.thumb.JPG.ddb97f296cff64299c09ac57ac0b6bd5.JPG

Turbo upgrades and exhaust muffler eliminators help with lower exhaust temps and more HP

post-52664-0-73724200-1369019204_thumb.jpgpost-52664-0-18384100-1453415447_thumb.jpg

What did you do for turbo upgrades, its got a muffler delete 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, 5488Duke said:

Yes we did. It was a very nice upgrade. 

Did you alter the factory door to resemble the Magnum door and did you do it to both sides of the tractor? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, bitty said:

Did you alter the factory door to resemble the Magnum door and did you do it to both sides of the tractor? 

No we got a used magnum door. Just did the left hand side.  We have monitors and such blocking the right hand side so it really can’t be used.  But if you got all the parts and linkages for opener system and hinges, you could alter the door on right side.  Would be a lot more work.  We needed a door for the 5288 we had picked up about the same time. Its door was in real bad shape. So used the magnum door on 5488 and put the good 54 door on the 52 at the time.  Win win so to speak. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...