Jump to content

2+2love
 Share

Recommended Posts

I do not know why but you never see the white on the back of the side hoods anymore. They used to be a paper white decal strip. Probably have to spray paint em on now days. I sure like the looks of them better with that stripe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  I really pushed in terms of conditions when drilling wheat a couple of weeks ago.  The wheat was not coming where the tractor made its tracks but checking today it was filling in somewhat.  I knew it was moist but felt it needed to go in when it did.  Not behind on beans right now but I wish I was done like some of the guys are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I’m mot normally a fan of a wide front on a 350/450. The larger tires look good on there. Nice pics!

I agree with both points. It looks mean with those front tires 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, cwinn said:

Tell me about that wide front end. Did ya have to fabricate to make it fit?

I've had three like that or very similar to that and they all fit . I don't know what brand mine were but two of the aftermarket ones were very similar 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, 2+2love said:

Not sure who made the front end. The whole tractor just looks right. The paint job was probably done in the 90's and looks real good with it's age. Nice easy driving tractor. 

Pretty sure it is a Schwartz front end.  We had one on a 656 Hydro.  It worked great on there and turned surprisingly short for a wide front.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2022 at 8:39 PM, chadd said:

Pretty sure it is a Schwartz front end.  We had one on a 656 Hydro.  It worked great on there and turned surprisingly short for a wide front.

Definitely a Schwartz, identical to the one on the 450 I had. Your 450 is a looker! Nice.

450-.jpeg.096a80e63104b521606f08c17daf33b6.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TomH said:

Definitely a Schwartz, identical to the one on the 450 I had. Your 450 is a looker! Nice.

450-.jpeg.096a80e63104b521606f08c17daf33b6.jpeg

Wish it would have worked out for me to adopt her when you got the 806 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bitty said:

Wish it would have worked out for me to adopt her when you got the 806 

Yes! I would have liked that, like keeping it in the "family"! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, TomH said:

Yes! I would have liked that, like keeping it in the "family"! 

I forget where you said it went, maybe a young kid starting out ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice I like the size of those fronts on there what size are they. I have 7.50-16 fronts on mine need bigger rubber on the back of it now. This was my 450 this weekend 

 

We had fun I spun out with one more block on it and 16 wheel weights on the back 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 6:03 PM, 766 Man said:

  I really pushed in terms of conditions when drilling wheat a couple of weeks ago.  The wheat was not coming where the tractor made its tracks but checking today it was filling in somewhat.  I knew it was moist but felt it needed to go in when it did.  Not behind on beans right now but I wish I was done like some of the guys are.

I always tell the guys who want to be done first to rent me some of their land so they can be finished and i can be farming.  Its a win win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are called flow forms. We use them to mix biodynamic preps and biological inputs before spraying. They mimick a natural stream and bring back life to the water. I had my yearly biodynamic inspection a few days a go. The inspector said I am the only biodynamic certified row crop producer in North America. Biodynamic is much bigger in the wine industry and in Europe. My friends call biodynamics " hippie witchcraft". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2+2love said:

 

That's funny! I just checked this post, was scrolling down to ask something & see you have posted a video to (hopefully) answer my pending question about to be posted. You must be using witchcraft!!! ;v) :v)

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...