Love the smell of cap rolls

nomorejohndeere

I remember the days you could pick one of those out of the Christmas catalogue. The "Johnny Seven" comes to mind. Never did get one but sure did want it. Toy guns everywhere when I was a kid. Guess thats why I turned out so bad. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had several toy cap guns as a kid.  Ran all around the farm playing cowboy, detective,  cops and robbers. Pretending my bicycle was a horse.  Funny, as an adult,  I don't own a single firearm.  Were the toy guns to blame for how I turned out????? LOL

Nothing says Cap Gun like a drum magazine and flashlight batteries😄

652599272_gunfury.thumb.jpg.93714661bae477f7680bf8f9b432b254.jpg

I could have used one of these as I "shot out the barrel" on several fingers growing up😉     😄

outer space designs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                  uses batteries not fuel so its a green gun      

All I had was a pistol.

My parents rationed me cause if they weren't around I would take the roll (like a roll of stamps) and smack it with a rock or sumtin

• Like 1

Yeah, cap rolls with a hammer was fun. some brands didn't have enough powder in them to make much of a bang though. The disc caps had a lot more powder in them and were great for the rocket toys. Also we used to scratch the powder bulge with our thumb nail and get powder residue on our thumbs and then lick it off !!!! It's a wonder we never got siiiicky !!!!  OOOPS now I know.

I like the round caps that came with my Nichols . Wish I could find good ones today 

My old man had one rifle when I was little, a marlin 44/40 numbered to 1894, (I phoned them years ago) now I had seen this gun ever since I could remember and being a kid of the '50s I had my share of toy guns, so being the inquisitive type, one day when I my folks were out I got the rifle and took it downstairs in the basement, now remember I am 8 years old and I weigh whatever an average 8 year old weighs, so going downstairs there was a 2x4 truss holding the handrail, I knew where the boolits were, to this day I still have them and of course the rifle, so I load the rifle and place the truss between me and gun, I had put some paper stacks in a corner and fired the gun, BOOM,scared the living shiit out of me, and that smell, just like your cap smell, I used a whole bottle of deoderizer running around the house to clear the smell, my mother was quite fussy that way.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, nomorejohndeere said:

Well?

Just was curious, I remembered them from the kid days, but with our buck Im looking at a grand, my roy rogers lunch box is 300.00, some other time though, thanx.

34 minutes ago, snoshoe said:

Those are the newer ones. The older ones were wider and perforated between caps for the mechanism that advanced them for the next shot. Now I suppose I'm older than rock.

Dirt is technically disentargated (sp) rock. So it would be older. Do you feel young now?