dieselman

well time to start another project, picked up a 129 with tiller and mower, has been sitting for years with a rod out the side of the block, i have a 16 hp kohler i want to put into it, can i use the electric clutch off a 1450 and i also got a QA42A blower given to me, wil it fit on the 129? thanks

PICT0545.JPG

PICT0546.JPG

PICT0547.JPG

PICT0548.JPG

• Like 3

Will a 16h fit In That? I was thinking the 169 and 1650 had different frame rails to clear the 16h flywheel fan housing?

Looks like a neat project tho.

17 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Will a 16h fit In That? I was thinking the 169 and 1650 had different frame rails to clear the 16h flywheel fan housing?

Looks like a neat project tho.

Fairly certain it's the exact same frame. 

8 minutes ago, drglinski said:

Fairly certain it's the exact same frame. 

Yes but I thought the rails had to be notched or something? Other than that I imagine your right.

well as i suspected the balancing gears let go and broke the block and cracked the oil pan, my 16 hp has a larger diameter crankshaft on the pto side so my electric clutch or the standard clutch won't fit, oil pan would have swapped over but the flywheel is also larger, i guess i will be looking for another engine.

PICT0549.JPG

PICT0550.JPG

PICT0551.JPG

• Sad 1

That big base 16hp will not take the special narrow base Cub Cadet pan.

But as stated above, the frame will accept anything from 8hp to 16hp with the small oil pan. 

An AQS motor makes a nice upgrade, ring gear starter, electric PTO etc.

• Like 2