2 speed rearend

Wesd

I was doing some thinking and was wandering if I could install a 2 speed rearend in my 4070b instead of going through changing out the transmission and everything that goes with the installation. My truck has the spicer 1062-c 7 speed transmission and I was wandering if that would be a direction I could see about going with my truck.

22 hours ago, dieselman said:

2 speed usually reduces the ratio when in low range, not sure if you need more torque or more speed, hope this helps....dieselman.

Well I was wanting to put in a 10 speed transmission but just didn’t know how much of a hassle it would be finding all the linkages and if I need anything else for it so I thought maybe it would be better to just do a 2 speed rearend instead. 

most wrecking yards here in western canada would have all you need, not sure if your 7 speed is direct drive in seventh or over drive. i think if your going for that major of a change might as well put a thirteen speed over drive in.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...