new to me

dieselman

very good friend and neighbor called and asked if i wanted to buy his 1256, i said of course, has not run in many years but was in a shed, went over today with batteries, coolant and other stuff, starter is dragging bad but with a sniff of starting fluid it took off, drove it home 2.5 miles, runs like a champ, t/a works as it should. it has many oil leaks and poor tires. went back to pay him as we didn't talk about the price, he only wanted 500.00 dollars for it, i tried to pay him more but that is all he would take and included another 1256 with a blown engine that has around 100 hours on rebuilt t/a and trans and diff. i am so blessed with great friends.

PICT0542.JPG

PICT0543.JPG

PICT0544.JPG

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

nice original, i bought a 856 from a Neighbour for $1000 a few years back, same thing ran great but few leaks and bad tires i sold it to fund bringing grandpas tractor home, looking at a very nice 1086 that's getting coolant in the oil not sure if i want to tackle that sorta thing or not he keeps saying oil cooler but i keep thinking its a leaking sleeve

12 hours ago, dieselman said:

very good friend and neighbor called and asked if i wanted to buy his 1256, i said of course, has not run in many years but was in a shed, went over today with batteries, coolant and other stuff, starter is dragging bad but with a sniff of starting fluid it took off, drove it home 2.5 miles, runs like a champ, t/a works as it should. it has many oil leaks and poor tires. went back to pay him as we didn't talk about the price, he only wanted 500.00 dollars for it, i tried to pay him more but that is all he would take and included another 1256 with a blown engine that has around 100 hours on rebuilt t/a and trans and diff. i am so blessed with great friends.

PICT0542.JPG

PICT0543.JPG

PICT0544.JPG

Friends like that can take a fair bit of getting even with!