Farmall 350 no T A ??

wild one

TA was optional along with live PTO. Could be ordered either way so it can be legit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bitty said:

TA was optional along with live PTO. Could be ordered either way so it can be legit 

IMG_20221004_211704082.jpg

IMG_20221004_211815562.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wild one said:

I was watching a 350 Farmall that does not have a TA nor does it have live power. It does appear to have power steering. I had thought all 350's  had live power. Is this a real 350 ??

Are you by chance south of the mason Dixon? I ask because a lot of big time cotton farmers back in then day would order tractors equipped as you describe. The theory was, the less "extras" that were on the tractor the less their hired men could tear up. My guess is the tractor you're looking at was likely ordered that way for that very reason. I've seen many, many TA equipped tractors down here that the original owners took the levers off of, so they wouldn't be used and therefore not broken. The neighbors had an 856 like that, we stuck a TA lever on it and it worked just fine, but he couldn't believe it until I explained why the previous owner might have removed it in the first place.

Mac

• Like 1

I was told the tractor came from Texas, so that sounds about right. I have always felt like that series of tractors was always a bit tight getting on and off with the levers on each side. Not as young as I once was and with no live power hooking up an auger pto is a lot easier.

• Like 1

REally?   Now, I always liked the 400 with live PTO on the auger cause you did not have to climb on the tractor to push the clutch to shut off the PTO.   Just reach up and pull the PTO lever.

• Like 2

I have had a couple augers with the safety pto shields that were almost impossible to turn that little bit to get hooked to the tractor pto. Usually ended up modifying the safety shield or running the tractor pto a bit trying to get the pto shaft hooked up, defeating the purpose of the safety pto. With the old H, just turn tractor pto shaft a bit and it slides right on. Once hooked live pto is great.