E V help

Lazy WP

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, mike newman said:

FB_IMG_1629352576573.jpg

I don’t know whether to thank you or laugh!! So I will say thanks here and laugh with the emoji. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, Lazy WP said:

I don’t know whether to thank you or laugh!! So I will say thanks here and laugh with the emoji. 

...that ''bill board'' is just so apt , Nick..I thought it was very amusing when I saw it.... It covers most of the BS going on every where 

Mike

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

The Dealer wants to bend me over for a high voltage relay $967 plus $1100 to install on my EV

"Oh what a feeling"

image.thumb.png.4bb6c4a573ab092c742aa0946069dff5.png

My experience with MY E V, don’t get to far away from the repair place OR the charger. We have both a carbon emission based and a green emission based rescue modes. I will get pictures of each. They seem to get used about every third time we  use the E V. 

• Like 1

I'd make the repair myself but you need the latest GM Tech 2 software tool to reset the computer after the 360 volt EV battery has been disconnected 

That is more than the repair  

So when I add up the repairs I have made to this car it far exceeds any other GM car I have owned that had more way more miles on them

It was trouble free until about 120k the EV drivetrain was warrantied for 100K

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I used to buy whole cars for less than that.....

Yes yes and yes. Only thing I ever bought that cheap was demolition derby cars but I did put one on the road for a year and I have many friends that ran cars and trucks that cheap. 

15 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

I'd make the repair myself but you need the latest GM Tech 2 software tool to reset the computer after the 360 volt EV battery has been disconnected 

That is more than the repair  

So when I add up the repairs I have made to this car it far exceeds any other GM car I have owned that had more way more miles on them

It was trouble free until about 120k the EV drivetrain was warrantied for 100K

What EV do you have?  

3 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

What EV do you have?  

2011 Volt 

Really can't complain much got it cheap when it came off lease when gas was cheap

Put 120K on it 

Things that have recently needed replaced

Charge port just like a phone they wear out 

One of the bearings in the drive motor 

These cars have all kinds of relays, electric coolant pumps etc. and they several extra computers to manage the EV drive and charge system

And they all have wheel bearings, shocks, struts, coil springs, control arm bushings 

All stuff that can fail just like a ICE car and yes the brakes need to be replaced eventually 

So those who say they are trouble free haven't run one to over 150K 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Nothing but the re-introduction of the "Cash for Clunkers" program.  

Always question the veracity of ANY 'poll", on ANY subject, as those that PAID to have the 'poll' conducted, are PAYING for the results to be most favorable to their agenda.

Knowing that you, or anyone you know, are most likely to NEVER have been contacted by any 'polling' organization, on ANY subject, makes me believe that the results of these 'polls' are pulled out of thin air, or pulled out of certain bodily orifices, namely those that are located below the waist.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

Nothing but the re-introduction of the "Cash for Clunkers" program.  

Always question the veracity of ANY 'poll", on ANY subject, as those that PAID to have the 'poll' conducted, are PAYING for the results to be most favorable to their agenda.

Knowing that you, or anyone you know, are most likely to NEVER have been contacted by any 'polling' organization, on ANY subject, makes me believe that the results of these 'polls' are pulled out of thin air, or pulled out of certain bodily orifices, namely those that are located below the waist.

did you mean  the   '' waste''   ???

Yes  Art...I for one agree   we have ''polls''   in NZ to gauge the popularity ..or otherwise of ......of our glorious,benevolent   "leader'' ...and the lackeys  that ''serve'' under her  (Ugh )...no one has ever asked me  re the poll....nor would they want to......

Mike

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

as those that PAID to have the 'poll' conducted, are PAYING for the results to be most favorable to their agenda.

They might want to get a refund they didn't get a majority of respondents to reply favorably  

• Like 1

"Bad news for the US Electric Vehicle industry"

"The Department of Labor plans to add lithium-ion batteries to a list of products whose components are known to be made using child or forced labour. This means that there is not a single EV assembled in the U.S. today that would fully qualify for the $7,500 per unit subsidy contained in the IRA. That’s a huge financial hit to Ford, GM, Toyota and other U.S. auto-assemblers if it is not changed - OR - if the U.S. doesn’t somehow develop its own mining and processing industries for these critical minerals, an effort that would take decades and hundreds of billions more dollars than are contained in the Inflation Reduction Act."

https://blackmon.substack.com/p/thursdays-energy-absurdity-politico?r=5c3gj&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

And the hurricane showeth -

"Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

“There’s a ton of EVs disabled from Ian. As those batteries corrode, fires start,” Patronis tweeted Thursday. “That’s a new challenge that our firefighters haven’t faced before. At least on this kind of scale.”

“It takes special training and understanding of EVs to ensure these fires are put out quickly and safely,” he continued in a follow-up tweet. “Thanks to [North Collier Fire Rescue] for their hard work.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/electric-vehicles-exploding-water-damage-hurricane-ian-top-florida-official-warns  "

Via Jo Nova

On 10/4/2022 at 3:25 PM, jeeper61 said:

The Dealer wants to bend me over for a high voltage relay $967 plus $1100 to install on my EV

"Oh what a feeling"

image.thumb.png.4bb6c4a573ab092c742aa0946069dff5.png

Well this part is on back order and I can't locate one

It is a relay and they likely fail eventually so I don't want to chance putting a used one given the labor involved 

Projected lead time 30-60 days 

I had the dealer reset everything and will see if the car is not charged if it will just run in the gas/electric mode 

My observation is the problem starts when you try to change it

Hopefully this works