Electric Planes

jeeper61

I would think that solar power would be by far the most efficient way, shoot it had ought to be self sufficient. Solar and wind energy. You should never have to plug it in. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

Does it go faster when you have more ladies riding along?

The views are better!

I won't post any pics. Let your imagination go wild!

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, acem said:

The views are better!

AND the most important modification to wind powered vessels was to add an alternative power source, the steam engine!, still in operation with a nuclear reactor powered boiler powering a steam turbine engine. Eventually the engineers didn't bother with the sail at all.

3 hours ago, acem said:

The views are better!

I can just imagine it covered with grass and sheep grazing on it. 

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Given what I have posted I think we need to stick to this type of electric plane 

Amazon.com: Mallofusa Electric Wood Planer Plane Power HandHeld Woodworking  Tool, 3-1/4 Inch : Tools & Home Improvement

I thought that’s what this was about

21 hours ago, jeeper61 said:

Given what I have posted I think we need to stick to this type of electric plane 

Amazon.com: Mallofusa Electric Wood Planer Plane Power HandHeld Woodworking  Tool, 3-1/4 Inch : Tools & Home Improvement

...that may be the easy way out, jeeper....but do you remember that Greek bloke..Icarus, I believe his name was, he was flying up towards the sun  and  something in the Flight Plan went south...and so did he....

...don't  recall the type of plane he was flying...but the consensus of opinion at the time of the incident , suggested an over heating issue......

The moral here is simply ...some of these '' high   flying ''   concepts  are too good to be true....:rolleyes:

Mike

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, 1256pickett said:

I can just imagine it covered with grass and sheep grazing on it. 

More like this!

I could post more but they might not meet me family friendly standards of the forum!

Now let your imagination go wild!

Thx-Ace 

swimwear.jpg

offset_511838.jpg

DSC_0910copy.jpg

four-women-in-bikinis-enjoy-sailing-BEJ360.jpg

ayme_sittingonbow.jpg

content_yachting-the-yacht-week-quarterdeck-academy-skipper-host-career-change3.jpg

gettyimages-1200514128-612x612.jpg

depositphotos_209432592-stock-photo-sexy-happy-young-girls-yacht.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, acem said:

More like this!

I could post more but they might not meet me family friendly standards of the forum!

Thx-Ace 

swimwear.jpg

offset_511838.jpg

DSC_0910copy.jpg

ayme_sittingonbow.jpg

content_yachting-the-yacht-week-quarterdeck-academy-skipper-host-career-change3.jpg

How many sailboats do you own???

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, acem said:

More like this!

Thx-Ace 

swimwear.jpg

offset_511838.jpg

DSC_0910copy.jpg

ayme_sittingonbow.jpg

Are you sure it’s not like this?

E430967F-8D29-4F48-A69E-6E0E211EA79D.jpeg

• Haha 5

I'm always amazed at the startup aviation companies that promise stuff that George Jetson has and then eventually go bankrupt. Until there's matter/anti-matter propulsion complete with dilithium crystals I won't believe a thing. Yes, they actually got this plane off the ground which will attract more investors to loose their money. Until the battery technology makes a quantum leap the plane is impractical. Besides the terrible payload and the fire danger of batteries located in the fuselage there's the problem of turn time at the gate. We got you tree huggers to your intermediate stop in a green machine (not) but now we have to charge for four hours before the next leg.

A for effort but this is nothing but an investor sponsored research project with no return. The plane likely will be donated to a museum eventually.

• Like 3

Y'all can have all the sheep on your boats you want. I prefer those activities with natural born women! Swimsuits are ok on the boat but birthday suits are better. 

Y'all talking about sheep on your boat reminds me that the old phrase. "When men were men and sheep were nervous!"

Electric planes may have a place in the future but I expect it's some time off for larger aircraft. I'm expecting small Electric drones to be viable for selective spraying in the near future. I made a salvage herbicide application on rice this summer that cost over $50 per acre. A drone that could select where to spray could have saved me money.

Thx-Ace 

depositphotos_205975450-stock-photo-portrait-happy-cheerful-old-man.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, acem said:

I'm expecting small Electric drones to be viable for selective spraying in the near future.

Yes! A supply of batteries and herbicide on the trailer. That's a possibility.

There are so many obstacles to a passenger transport that require energy. How are they going to provide Ice protection? The plane is a straight wing propeller driven craft with a thin airfoil. It's going to operate in the lower atmosphere where ice is a constant hazard. The wings, tail, windshield all need anti or de-ice protection. Windshields are normally electrically heated as are props. Wings on prop planes are normally de-iced by pneumatic rubber boots. The ice is allowed to accumulate then the boots are activated to expand and break it off. On recips the vacuum pump pressure is used to inflate and vacuum holds them flat. TKS is another option - wings have a gazillion tiny holes in the leading edge and an anti ice fluid is pumped through. All of this requires plumbing, pumps, wiring and that means weight. Anything electric means more demand on an already limited supply. Jet fuel and, to a lesser extent, avgas, have good energy density that allows a reasonable payload, batteries, not so much.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, acem said:

More like this!

Thx-Ace 

swimwear.jpg

offset_511838.jpg

DSC_0910copy.jpg

ayme_sittingonbow.jpg

And now you know why i teach SCUBA lessons.

• Haha 3