Little Town, Big Business

Yup, Airtractor has been the gold standard for spray planes around here for years. They fly over my shop pretty much non-stop in season. 

I went to visit my brother in Ft. Worth back in 2016. He took me up in his Comanche for a flight around the greater DFW metro area...and then had to show me the big town of Olney. Looks like your average small town in SD from the air. He chuckled and said that if you live there, you either work for Airtractor...or are married to somebody that does, 

I've even worked on a couple of them here at our airport. AC work. Pilots tell you the cockpit gets unbearably hot with no AC working. When you pop the panel off the side to charge the AC system, you realize why they are called a flying beer can....not much there.

A friend of mine bought a new AirTractor 602 this year. He ordered it last November and picked it up in Olney, Texas in January. When it was all said and done he said he paid $1.7 million for it.

May be an image of airplane and outdoors

• Like 1