Jump to content

And it begins


Farmall1066
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, bitty said:

Bean yield today.....

IMG_20221016_204945882.thumb.jpg.0b3e6ca41a3c86a37e8bdf864bc320fe.jpg

 

...... I wish 😂. Not sure what to do with this to get it to be accurate or close to.  

Not sure what to do? Nothing. That's the number you tell the neighbours 😂

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The old combine performed well this year. Finished corn today with snowflakes hitting the windshield! Yields for me ranged anywhere from 170-230 Bu/acre on corn. You can tell which varieties handled the summer stress better. Soybeans were in the 65-70 Bu range. Very satisfied with this year's results 

Had to have a celebratory beer when I got in tonight!

IMG_20221017_181045723_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221017_184452547_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221017_201633512_BURST000_COVER.jpg

IMG_20221017_191100536.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We didn't get the rain forecasted for today or yesterday yet. I called this morning to let the trucker know I had another load ready to send. He didn't think they would be able to get a load today from me. We kept getting ok weather so I got out of the grain drill from planting winter wheat and got in the combine. I now have 4 gravity wagons, two grain carts and the bin on the combine full . Ran out of time or I would have tried filling a truck yet. Everything will need to be transferred to a truck for sending it away. Maybe less than 30 acres of beans to harvest yet 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are no where near done. 

We are down to 25 acres of beans yet to go. Would actually have finished them Sunday but the grain head broke and we wont have the parts til tomorrow. It rained some yesterday, drizzling on and off today with steady rain later today and drizzly tomorrow so doubt We get the beans ran til this weekend. 

Started running corn since we can't finish beans. Corn is yielding very well and surprisingly dry. Pulled corn out of the field at 18%moisture.

After 17 months of hassel we have a fully functional new to us dryer at the setup at my house. Been a real PITA. 

20221018_104225.jpg

20221018_104507.jpg

20221018_114749.jpg

20221018_114755.jpg

20221018_145214.jpg

20221018_145358.jpg

20221018_145404.jpg

20221018_150134.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Farmerboy72 said:

The old combine performed well this year. Finished corn today with snowflakes hitting the windshield! Yields for me ranged anywhere from 170-230 Bu/acre on corn. You can tell which varieties handled the summer stress better. Soybeans were in the 65-70 Bu range. Very satisfied with this year's results 

Had to have a celebratory beer when I got in tonight!

IMG_20221017_181045723_HDR.jpg

 

 

 

Sharp machine.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

We are no where near done. 

We are down to 25 acres of beans yet to go. Would actually have finished them Sunday but the grain head broke and we wont have the parts til tomorrow. It rained some yesterday, drizzling on and off today with steady rain later today and drizzly tomorrow so doubt We get the beans ran til this weekend. 

Started running corn since we can't finish beans. Corn is yielding very well and surprisingly dry. Pulled corn out of the field at 18%moisture.

After 17 months of hassel we have a fully functional new to us dryer at the setup at my house. Been a real PITA. 

20221018_104225.jpg

20221018_104507.jpg

20221018_114749.jpg

20221018_114755.jpg

20221018_145214.jpg

20221018_145358.jpg

20221018_145404.jpg

20221018_150134.jpg

What size dryer is that. Would love to upgrade my setup with that size. I assume you have setup for continuous flow 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Farmerboy72 said:

What size dryer is that. Would love to upgrade my setup with that size. I assume you have setup for continuous flow 

320 bushel. 

It can be ran as batch or continuious flow. Actually we we are running as batch because of how we unload into the bin. The stream of corn coming out into a 8 inch auger wouldn't be enough to prevent damage and that auger would be rattling away with a smaller amount of corn in it. 

Nice thing is enen in batch mode you load and unload at the same time reducing the idle time.

It was a heck of a step up from the Farm Fans AB120 we had.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished the beans today. https://youtu.be/Nvf47whfwiw looking at one of my favorite hunting areas . I need to consolidate beans out of some gravity wagons into the second grain cart in the morning so I can fill a truck when it's available 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished beans yesterday. On to corn now to stay.

IMG_5989.jpg

20221021_131437.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have 400 acres of beans left, and all the corn, which is around 600 acres.  Talking high wind, and nasty storm chances Sunday night in to Monday morning, I hope that’s wrong!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 
Could have had beans done by tomorrow if our bean head wouldn’t have broke down, and the dealership p*ssed away 4 days this week working on it! Major lack of communication between mechanic, parts counter, and service writer! 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the grain cart tractor 

20221022_155151.jpg

20221022_155203.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loaded up the last beans today for the first year we have grown them. I'll ask tomorrow to see what total weight we had for an estimate yield. Probably be over 36 bushel for all the stuff we harvested . Not really bad for our area although I want to improve it some in other years 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bitty said:

I want to improve it some in other years 

 

Beans are a weird animal, on our ground, it doesn’t seem to matter what we do to try improve yields, they just seem to do what they want?! Even August rain doesn’t seem to always make for better yields, they just do what they want here?! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Still at it but under 20 acres left 

20221104_110521.jpg

20221104_104043.jpg

20221104_102228.jpg

20221103_220524.jpg

20221027_111351.jpg

20221027_111347.jpg

20221028_232945.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished this afternoon at 4. Just need to finish drying. Then cleanup and put away 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got 60 acres of corn done, and last night the clean grain elevator chain decided to walk off the job!! 
First 50 acres came off at 16-18% moisture, and 203 bpa dry! Have no idea where that came from?! The field we were working on last night is coming off at 14-15.5% moisture, might do 195? Will know when we get up at going again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...