Junk yard find/name that part.

brahamfireman

8 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

I know what it is, do you? And when was the last time you saw 1.

I personally never have seen 1 in person until this one. $10 well spent. 

20220925_130859.jpg

20220925_130854.jpg

7 minutes ago, snoshoe said:

Covered 540 shaft when using 1000 on dual speed pto.

Got one of those laying in the toolbox of the 786.

22 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

Not trying to be nosy here, but was this so top secret that you had to take the pic inside the porta-shitter??

He carried it into the sh!tter and concealed it in his jeans on the way out!! lol 😂 

• Haha 2

About 25 years ago retired couple about 5 miles away from farm sold out. All IH equipment. They had a M , 560 gas, 806  and a 1086. Their land was in crp so everything low hours. The 1086 had 1500 hours brought either 18000 or 19000 another local guy bought it. It’s in immaculate shape yet. It had that pipe screwed into pto and top cover set down over top  shaft. It appeared they had never been removed from tractor. The new owner uses it on a swather though. He baled some for his cows with the 560 but most farm work he did with the 806. 

8 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

Ha, it does look like that!!! It's the front of the saddle tanks on the 5088.

That makes more sense. Just yanking your chain a bit. When I saw the color, it was the first thing I thought about. 

• Haha 1

There’s been lots of red tractors both on out farm and in the area. I have yet to see anything more than a picture of one of those shields. Pretty sure most of them in this area must have pretty much been taken off at the dealer and thrown in the scrap.