Im Guilty. How about you?

lorenzo

Outside wood stove here is all I have. Told the kids that we need to clean the ash out from last year soon . Yesterday I told the kids that we should shut the windows in the house also....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Burn wood in the shoulder seasons in stove and delay turning the floor on with the coal boiler, if Mike says coal is selling for $1000 a ton shoulder season might be Oct-April, in the 70's and 80's this week, still riding the motorcycle to work dodging deer in the morning which is weird but really welcome, the temps not the deer

• Like 1

Milk house heater for when I get out of the shower.

Guilty pleasure 😄

Momma's goin through "the change". She puts off enough BTUs 🥵

Couple nights it dipped into the high 30's.

Great sleeping weather!

Ain't gonna let the furnace ruin that🤠

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I had an ex-girlfriend a few years ago that kept trying to turn the thermostat down. I told her when I’m working outside in the cold I want to come in to a warm house. I think it’s lower now than when she was here

• Like 1

60F is where me and the dog (Dolly) want the house year round.  We compromise in summer, fall, and spring to 70F with the AC running.  But, come glorious winter, 60F comes back to visit.  We also both need a box fan running to sleep.  Spoilt is what we are.  

• Like 1

My target date is the end of October. With good sunny days, the solar gain in the house works great. Days of clouds and rain really cool off the house. I heat mostly with wood and once I light the stove, I like to keep it going, rather than having it and the chimney go through the heating/cooling cycles. 

Should be able to get close this year, both the wife and I will be away the middle two weeks of the month, so it will only be the last week to worry about.  Need to exercise the heat pump anyway, so might as well use it to take off the chill.

• Like 2

We wait until we can't take it anymore and have to warm things up......   I'm getting the boiler cleaned out and the coal stove ready. My Wife cleaned out the fireplace in the TV room so I will be finding her in sitting front of a fire soon. We both committed to try and use next to no oil this year not that we use much anyway.  

• Like 3

I usually don’t until I can’t stand the rattling teeth any longer. This year i fired the LP up on Thursday night. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife resists, I don't hesitate to turn the fireplace on or push the thermostat up. I hate the cold! I'm hypo thyroid and once my core temp drops it takes forever to get warm.

• Like 1

Guilty

I got away last season without running the fuel oil furnace, so I'll try again this year. I did light the wood stove the other night to get the cool damp out of the house. It's not quite cool enough yet to keep it going around the clock yet. 

• Like 1

Guilty here, we turned it on a few weeks back.

34 this morning.  Looking at a high just below 50

• Like 1

September 27th is as long as ive made it and it looks like a few more days at least.  My guess is this weekend ill kick on the heat...addition is finally sealed enough to heat... all the windows are in. And thanks to much help from @AKwelderin floor heat is ready to go.

• Like 3

It's been in the mid-80's during the day and upper 50's at night.  We are 90 miles north of the Panhandle of Florida.  Shoot, sometimes we have to turn on the AC at Christmas!  Usually the first frost is between the 10 -20 November.  But, some years we don't have a real killing frost until around Christmas or later.

Bill

• Like 2

been way to warm here still running the AC to keep humidity out - my wife tells everyone that our house is cold enough to hang meat, be sure to dress warm if you plan to visit us in the winter - i think its just right 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wife turned on the heat last Saturday. It was low 30s so it got chilly. Time to make sure it worked any way. New filter and adjust the programmable thermostat a bit. Still not running it much.

• Like 1

Ours goes on whenever mama wants it to.  She spends more time in the house than I do.

I rarely mess with the thermostat, and my life is easier for it.

• Like 3