deer kill pics of this year

Rusty shackleford

One mile from the jeep closest elk kill yet. My pastor(friend and hunting buddy) came out and helped me pack him out. Shear luck i saw him today...

20221027_083733.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That's gonna be some good grub!

My elk hunt starts Tuesday hoping to down one closer than a mile 😊 cooler weather on the way

14 hours ago, hardtail said:

That's gonna be some good grub!

My elk hunt starts Tuesday hoping to down one closer than a mile 😊 cooler weather on the way

Good luck

• Like 2

...last weekend..our "labour weekend   holiday "...I spent about five days out in the back country, because the   "Boss" decided to open the back country road through to points south....  about a four hour trip, from tar top to tar top.. through the high country ...It is a popular drive for many folk..despite the soaring cost of petrol and in particular, diesel...However it is no place for the advocates of EV's...as espoused by  some strided calls on this subject on another topic....

Two fourteen yr old lads, plus a Dad...went up one of the numerous valleys, running of the Rainbow Valley...and to their collective delight , rolled a  Red Deer stag...,,The stag was not of record book note..by a long shot   (that was a pun...?!!  )...but for those lads it was the greatest weekend in their young lives thus far........and between them and  the Dad...all the edible meat was carted out plus the little  8 point head.....

Good to see young blokes being up in the hills and mountains....with a rifle......

Mike

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image0.jpeg

• Like 8

23 hours ago, mader656 said:

One mile from the jeep closest elk kill yet. My pastor(friend and hunting buddy) came out and helped me pack him out. Shear luck i saw him today...

20221027_083733.jpg

Congratulations Jacob. Did you waddle (faster) while holding up the pack ? 😁

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, bitty said:

Congratulations Jacob. Did you waddle (faster) while holding up the pack ? 😁

I was the slow one...but in my defense the guy who helped me packout was 8 inches taller.... 

• Haha 3

One I'd like to hold out for . Neighbor snapped a picture as it was headed towards my place 

Screenshot_20221031-195709.png

• Like 7

This was sent to me today. Second year rack , was a spike last year . Pretty good for a piebald. We had a few does over the years and a 5 point once even

Screenshot_20221101-191710.png

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bitty said:

This was sent to me today. Second year rack , was a spike last year . Pretty good for a piebald. We had a few does over the years and a 5 point once even

Screenshot_20221101-191710.png

That’s awesome. I have some old 35mm pics I took of an albino 10pt somewhere. No record breaker but a solid deer. That was probably 20-25 years ago

• Like 3

My sneak in the other nightIMG_20221105_164736498.jpg

Hunted (archery) morning and evening yesterday. Saw lots of deer and had a very enjoyable day. Back again this morning. Have to be back at work tomorrow. Here is a view from his morning waiting for sunrise. Full moon last night no doubt had deer moving all night. 

AF1E2D18-979E-41FB-802E-FE97F09FDAFA.jpeg

• Like 3

Mile north of me my one landlords nephew in law got this. It was on my place some and a mile south also. Gotten yesterday, dog tracked and found 2 am . I was going to wait for him, now I will reevaluate my options 

Screenshot_20221110-174739.png

Screenshot_20221110-130128.png

• Like 7

3 hours ago, zleinenbach said:

5C7E8080-C0A2-4506-A092-ED594015DD68.png

That's an awesome buck. Congratulations to Luke 

16 minutes ago, bitty said:

That's an awesome buck. Congratulations to Luke 

he is tickled pink. first deer he short may be his biggest. the second may hold record for smallest. 

he felt really bad about second one but i feel his pain when they are alone it’s hard to judge size, especially 9 year old.

his mom got to witness it all. this is text i got after Emily tried her best 😂

8F2D2B3A-3F56-49F0-B609-EA7D6BC03AFB.jpeg

• Haha 2

My view this evening.  Broke the bow out a week ago for the first time in probably 5 years.  Spent some time shooting it.  Had 15 deer in sight before dark.  A spring fawn and a spike type buck 5 yards away.  Was scared to dig my phone out for photos and spook them. Have 2 in the freezer dont really need more.  To my left is a little 2+ acre triticale field.  It must taste like candy to them.  I wonder how much tonage they eat.20221111_160532.thumb.jpg.2a684f3667640bb2828cd4d1239ce271.jpg

• Like 5