1568 in auction

Captian Kirk

Say, did 1468s and 1568s have identical factory PTO horse power specs, or did the 15s come rated at more HP?  Thank you. 

According to TractorData.com the 1468 was rated at 161 hp and the 1568 was rated at 167 hp.  For comparison, they have the 1466 as being rated at 147 hp and the 1566 at 168 hp.  Unfortunately I couldn’t find torque ratings, I think they would tell a different story than horsepower ratings. 

1 hour ago, brahamfireman said:

856 gas on that sale I'd love to own. To bad it's 1,200 miles away!!!!

Hey man, if you find something you want, you have to go get it. You can’t expect to wait for it to come up to your front porch and ring the door bell for you. I’m not being mean here, but just sayin’. 😊

I had to do this when I used to farm in Michigan. A couple of pieces of my equipment I wanted came from far away. Luckily though, I was hooked up with a couple different truckers, and they were already going that direction with some equipment, so we hammered out a money saving deal for me cost-wise, since they were already going that direction.

Of course, I had to wait for them until they were ready to head that direction. The one time, I had to wait over a month after I made my purchase before the trucker was going to be heading that way. 

Another factor- in both my cases, my purchases were made through a private sale with the farmer right off their farms. They were running for sale ads for the items. As opposed to something being far away from you in an auction type situation, where they might want the stuff gone and outta there right away.  My sellers didn’t worry about the equipment sitting at their place for a while waiting to be picked up. As long as I paid them for it right away.

And too, I realize I’m talking about stuff that happened over 10 years ago. So I suppose trucking costs to haul equipment have gone way up since then. So, I guess I also see your concern about the tractor being so far away. If you don’t have your own hauling rig….. $$$$$$

6 hours ago, Rick G. said:

Hey man, if you find something you want, you have to go get it. You can’t expect to wait for it to come up to your front porch and ring the door bell for you. I’m not being mean here, but just sayin’. 😊

I had to do this when I used to farm in Michigan. A couple of pieces of my equipment I wanted came from far away. Luckily though, I was hooked up with a couple different truckers, and they were already going that direction with some equipment, so we hammered out a money saving deal for me cost-wise, since they were already going that direction.

Of course, I had to wait for them until they were ready to head that direction. The one time, I had to wait over a month after I made my purchase before the trucker was going to be heading that way. 

Another factor- in both my cases, my purchases were made through a private sale with the farmer right off their farms. They were running for sale ads for the items. As opposed to something being far away from you in an auction type situation, where they might want the stuff gone and outta there right away.  My sellers didn’t worry about the equipment sitting at their place for a while waiting to be picked up. As long as I paid them for it right away.

And too, I realize I’m talking about stuff that happened over 10 years ago. So I suppose trucking costs to haul equipment have gone way up since then. So, I guess I also see your concern about the tractor being so far away. If you don’t have your own hauling rig….. $$$$$$

$9,000 for the 856!!!!! Crazy!!!

7 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

856 gas on that sale I'd love to own. To bad it's 1,200 miles away!!!!

If you can afford to put gas in an 856, what’s a little truckin’ stopping you for? 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

If you can afford to put gas in an 856, what’s a little truckin’ stopping you for? 😂

Sad thing is i had 1 bought 200 miles away and the day before I left to get it, the seller stopped responding. Good thing I never sent any money.

32 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

Sad thing is i had 1 bought 200 miles away and the day before I left to get it, the seller stopped responding. Good thing I never sent any money.

Crappy deal