826 transmission brake shaft stubborn leak.

acem

My 826 is leaking hydraulic fluid from the transmission brake shaft. I replaced the o ring a few months ago. It slowed the leak but didn't stop it.

I had the fluid drained to repair the pto so I replaced it again. This time I was very careful to install the o ring and shaft. It went together easily. 

But it still drips...

It's not bad but it goes through a bucket every month or so.

Any suggestions?

Thx-Ace 

My 806 did this. I managed to find a slightly thicker o ring. Cured the problem.   Another “fix” I use is wrap a little ptfe tape where the o ring seats in the groove in the shaft. It can be done on the outside groove o rings fit in but much more tricky. So far it’s worked every time. Cheap as well!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, acem said:

My 826 is leaking hydraulic fluid from the transmission brake shaft. I replaced the o ring a few months ago. It slowed the leak but didn't stop it.

I had the fluid drained to repair the pto so I replaced it again. This time I was very careful to install the o ring and shaft. It went together easily. 

But it still drips...

It's not bad but it goes through a bucket every month or so.

Any suggestions?

Thx-Ace 

A bucket is $124 here.  That hurts.