IH 340 Utility backhoe attatchment

BuckRun

I want to rebuild the valve body on the Wain-Roy backhoe attachment on my tractor. The valve body is made by HUSCO m/n 3256 (6 spool). Sorry for the lousy pic. I covered all the fittings before I power washed it. It seems awfully complicated for an old tractor. Anyone have info on this? Thanks. 

IMG_2048.jpg

48 minutes ago, BuckRun said:

That's going to be my plan B.

What needs “rebuilt”? If it’s more than o-rings I imagine you will have problems ahead. A good hydraulic shop could point you in the right direction. There would be no dealer support for something like this. 

Looks like jensales.com has a manual for wain-roy backhoe attachment. At least you can get the part numbers for the O-rings and seals. Then you can either go to a local place that sells hydraulic parts or Google the parts. Best of luck!

On 9/17/2022 at 6:39 PM, BuckRun said:

It seems awfully complicated for an old tractor.

Them new-fanguled hydro-mulalic things are too complicated. They will never hold up doing real work. 10 years from now they'll all be in the junkyard and my old shovel will still be digging holes. :) 

But seriously those valves only tend to have a few o-rings on the spools to keep the oil from going to the outside world. Internally they're sealed by the lapped fit of the spools to the bores. Depends on where it's leaking she may be a goner...

Lots of 6-spool valve banks on Ebay pretty cheap. Like <$200 free shipping and upgrade to joystick control cheap.

The bottom spool casting that's held on with 2 bolts has a tension spring through it. Do I remove the pin and unbolt the bottom casting and pull the spool out while rotating it to remove it? Are there any loose parts that will fall out? 

IMG_2061.jpg