1466 hydraulics

756puller

Got a 1466 I put a clutch in a few weeks ago for a guy. While I was at it I went thru the mcv with new springs and pump also. Fast forward three weeks when he pushes the clutch in he loses steering and brakes. It's got a hyd clutch assist on it. Could the hyd clutch assist be leaking causing all the oil to go back to tank?

Don't see how. Stepping on clutch pulls out dump valve that dumps pressure to ta. Yet maintains regulated to booster brakes and seat and diff lock if equipped.  All that regulated pressure is return from steering. A blown gasket could explain loss of regulated with dump pulled or a problem with dump valve. Can't see connection to steering. Trouble is I have a niggling that I have seen this and can't find the memory.

Sorry not much help. Trying to close up roof with storm coming. Can't get this off my mind. Gasket and oring that usually blow in mcv as well as any problem with steering relief dump oil in regulated. So steering lost but not regulated. Flow divider could hang open. Sending all oil to oil cooler. Steering on demand. Regulated would be zero. Steering in neutral regulated would be oil cooler bypass pressure. None of this has anything to do with clutch pedal.

I guess first thing I would do is put steering and regulated guages on and see what the numbers do.

2 hours ago, 756puller said:

Checked regulated pressure that was around 220 and tapped Into a steering line and deadheaded it at 1100 psi. When i turn the front wheels to each stop than the light comes on.

Regulated dissappear when steering is deadheaded?