Nice 1086 with only 1,555 hrs in Minnesota, it can be yours for only $48,500

Hydro70

Looks pretty legit to me and them Goodyear front and back tires will tell ya, the old style Goodyears

img (1).webp

img.webp

hr meter.webp

1555 hours on this 1086.webp

• Like 6

Absolutely ludicrous. I’ll have some of what they’re smoking. I sold my absolutely GQ 1980 Tri-Stripe 1086, 1,7XX hours, back in 2013, Firestones front and rear, with matching axle duals, (18.4-38s) full set of front end weights, red interior, optional extra pair of rear facing field working lights, digital dash, for 21K.

Thought I done good at that price. I was just the second owner. Four of you guys on the board here saw it in person back then. You know what it was.

People have gone absolutely coo-coo these days. Both the sellers asking that much, and someone dumb enough to pay that much.

That one shown here is an older model, could be a ‘77 or ‘78 model. It doesn’t even have the deeper cab steps, or the heavy duty front axle  bolster of the ‘80 and ‘81 models, nor the other misc. improvements of the Tri-Stripe models. Are my eyes deceiving me, or are the front sheet metal covers missing from both battery boxes, plus it looks to be missing one of my pet peeves- the alternator pulley shield. It might not even have the electric red tail lights on the rear of the cab fenders. The earlier models just had red reflector lenses instead of actual electric tail lights. 

Yes it looks nice for its age, but that price is total lunatic insanity. 

• Like 1

Aint noway Id pay that kinda money for that tractor.  Cant tell me those are the original tires cmon if they had 1,555 hrs that would have lots more wear than whats showing and not a cut or ding showing anywhere and the braker bar that came attached to the engine rail I dont think its the real mccoy who would work a tractor 1500 hrs and still have it clamped to the rail????  Seat looks like it has 3,000 hrs of wear on it.  Im thinking this is a 1977 model maybe worth 17,000 to 20,000

Hey there Hydro70. Thanks for posting this for us to see. How can you judge the condition of the seat by these pics? Do you have additional pics you can post, or is there like a link to an ad with more pics? 

It's a '77 going by the serial number. Yeah, I don't know, personally I'd have to look it over in person before I could say legit or fake. Dad and grandpa's was a '76 and we had that for 21 years so I remember what it was originally. This one here has the same front and rear tires as ours did, and they didn't amount to a hill a beans. Front's went first because it almost looked like they glued the ribs to the outside of the casing and they started to split straight across the ribs. Our rear tires made it to 2800 hours, which was 1988 at the time, but they should've been replaced 5 years earlier. Asphalt ate up those style tires like ant's eat sugar. Wondering what happened to the original floor mat? Ours was still like new after 21 years. Also see the sound barrier floor mat is in backwards. Both armrests tore off. 🤔. Legit or not, be a cold day in July before I gave that for any 86 series. Drove them routinely for around 40 years. Get something with a powershift and be done with it.

OK so what’s going on here? How do you know the serial number? Are you guys looking at a more detailed ad somewhere???? Please share a link, Purdy please? Lol! 

Wow , nice time capsule there , still has the pipe strapped to the side frame 👍😎

Danny

4 hours ago, Rick G. said:

Absolutely ludicrous. I’ll have some of what they’re smoking. I sold my absolutely GQ 1980 Tri-Stripe 1086, 1,7XX hours, back in 2013, Firestones front and rear, with matching axle duals, (18.4-38s) full set of front end weights, red interior, optional extra pair of rear facing field working lights, digital dash, for 21K.

Thought I done good at that price. I was just the second owner. Four of you guys on the board here saw it in person back then. You know what it was.

People have gone absolutely coo-coo these days. Both the sellers asking that much, and someone dumb enough to pay that much.

That one shown here is an older model, could be a ‘77 or ‘78 model. It doesn’t even have the deeper cab steps, or the heavy duty front axle  bolster of the ‘80 and ‘81 models, nor the other misc. improvements of the Tri-Stripe models. Are my eyes deceiving me, or are the front sheet metal covers missing from both battery boxes, plus it looks to be missing one of my pet peeves- the alternator pulley shield. It might not even have the electric red tail lights on the rear of the cab fenders. The earlier models just had red reflector lenses instead of actual electric tail lights. 

Yes it looks nice for its age, but that price is total lunatic insanity. 

Just shows how much value our money has truly lost the last few years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, Hydro70 said:

Aint noway Id pay that kinda money for that tractor.  Cant tell me those are the original tires cmon if they had 1,555 hrs that would have lots more wear than whats showing and not a cut or ding showing anywhere and the braker bar that came attached to the engine rail I dont think its the real mccoy who would work a tractor 1500 hrs and still have it clamped to the rail????  Seat looks like it has 3,000 hrs of wear on it.  Im thinking this is a 1977 model maybe worth 17,000 to 20,000

If it didn’t do much road work tires last a long time. Lot of them still have pipe on frame rail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

still has the pipe strapped to the side frame 👍😎

Danny

That's probably because it had wedge lock wheels that never got moved.

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

Just shows how much value our money has truly lost the last few years. 

And it’s a tractor without computers, sensors, and electrical nightmares, no emissions bs, and can work on it yourself.  To me it’s not worth $48,500 I’m sure they will have it listed for awhile until they come down to reality a bit, but these older tractors are definitely coming back around with more value!  Won’t see a 45 year old, 1500 hr 340 magnum go up in value, the electronics probably won’t hold up that long!

• Like 4

Nice looking tractor. Very possible it’s original but I don’t think a price tag of that amount is worth it. But then again someone may pay it. It’s unreal what things have been bringing. I don’t know if anybody caught this but Bates had their sale earlier this week and there was a tube of ih grease brought $150. I just don’t understand people paying these crazy amounts for things but it’s collectible so

1 hour ago, acem said:

Battery covers are missing.

Filers don't match.

Aftermarket duals.

Aftermarket front weights and not a full set.

Still it's a better deal than the 1066 without AC!

to your point, i have a 1066 w/o AC that i like, but i use a different colored cab tractor for most of my yearly work.  north Alabama will beat up a guy with heat and humidity.  

i'd been watching cab older tractors the last 4yrs of making my newer round baler payments, thinking i could stand 2-4yrs of payments on another cab tractor prior to hitting the retirement from the job point.  with inflation, i think i'm screwed on getting another tractor.  

stunning 806 on tractorhouse with a '86 cab converstion that just looks like the factory built it ... all the levers are in the right places in the cab... MW turbo also... somebody did a sweet job.  AC works too.  that'd be a sweet tractor to operate.  

1967 INTERNATIONAL 806

1967 INTERNATIONAL 806

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

electronics probably won’t hold up that long!

Have one here (Mag 250) since early May that we are still waiting on controller for transmission. Euro tractor....shouldn't be on this side of the POND. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

Have one here (Mag 250) since early May that we are still waiting on controller for transmission. Euro tractor....shouldn't be on this side of the POND. 

Our case IH dealer had trouble getting a new transmission controller for a North American magnum 250.  We tried a reman first but it was programmed with the wrong software.  I can only imagine a euro.  

My cousin told me that the man who farms their ground finally got the two new John Deere RX series tractors, and put one on a grain cart, only to have the module that runs the PTO fail, pretty much right out of the box, and the module is in the seat, and the wait time for a new one is 6-8 months.

• Like 1