Talk about holding resale value

jass1660

4 hours ago, acem said:

A cab with no air???

That’s how it was here until good cabs like the SGB came along.  We fought the cold as much as the summer heat. Froze your ass off in the spring and late fall but could open the windows in the summer to get a breeze flowing through.  

2 hours ago, acem said:

Not down here. Even my 1066 with custom/diamond cab had ac added.

A riding in a cab down south without AC is kinda like the hot box they used to have in our prisons.

Sorry but I'm not Cool Hand Luke!

This from the guy whose wife drives a non ac geo!!!! 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were just talking about this phenomenon this phenomenon this evening.  Pretty much everything is selling for more then people paid for it.  A new skid loader that was $26000 a few years ago is about double.  I don't know where it ends.  I'm guessing it will be a long time before these 1960s and 70s tractors drop off in value.  Around here the farms that made money for the year usually run out and spend some the last 2 weeks of the year.  I don't know what they are going to buy this year.  There isn't much there to buy on some dealers lots.

• Like 1

I guess I should add with interest rates on the rise maybe they won't be running out and buying but instead paying down lines of credit etc.  

Sorry if I am far off.  Strange times for sure.

2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

This from the guy whose wife drives a non ac geo!!!! 🤣🤣

My truck has a good working AC.

When we met she didn't run her AC at home. Had it but didn't use it. 

Now have no doubt, she likes to run the heater!

Thx-Ace 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hobbyfarm said:

We were just talking about this phenomenon this phenomenon this evening.  Pretty much everything is selling for more then people paid for it.  A new skid loader that was $26000 a few years ago is about double.  I don't know where it ends.  I'm guessing it will be a long time before these 1960s and 70s tractors drop off in value.  Around here the farms that made money for the year usually run out and spend some the last 2 weeks of the year.  I don't know what they are going to buy this year.  There isn't much there to buy on some dealers lots.

Spend some?

Farmers around her spend it ALL  and the machinery dealers push,push push and are grinning ear to ear.

Yeah, just don't know what things will bring. Here in my area of Northwest Ohio (Nice) used equipment is bringing unbelievable prices on farm retirements. Example 5 year old 500 bushel wagons selling for 16k, what you could have bought a new one for 20 months ago??  2 people wanted that tractor pretty bad to get it to that price.

• Like 1

It amazes me that nobody bats an eye when a clapped out high hour tractor with an automotive paint job full of chinese aftermarket parts brings this kind of money at a Mecum or Aumann Auction but when an original paint, lower hour tractors sells high it's criminal. Pretty sure the fact that this tractor does not have A/C played a 0% factor in the minds of the bidders willing to bid past the $7500 mark for it. We live in times of 100K pickups and $20-$30,000/Acre farmland in lots of places. The $35,000 payed for a 1466 to sit in the corner of a guys shed is probably not going to be missed. Personally I would rather have that 1466 in the shed than a boat or RV or 50HP compact tractor. A 70's era high horsepower fender tractor with original paint. The farm boys vintage muscle car of 2022. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1