Husker Harvest Days Grand island Nebraska today

lorenzo

7 hours ago, bkorth said:

I heard that the mothership doesn't even have a booth this year because of a lack of inventory. 

If you are referring to CIH, they are certainly represented. I delivered a strip till unit and there was a quad Trac and some other red equipment in the staging area. I was shocked when told how much it costs to set up a display at these shows…. 

A little FYI about Husker Harvest days.

An old neighbor and friend of mine has a small space every year . Its just barely big enough to park his pickup .Cost him $10,000.00.  Yup not a typo 

John Deer for example has a huge space that locals claim cost them $200,000.00 +

They were a no show claiming they didnt feel it would be proper to display  equipment when people are waiting for it. 

8 hours ago, bkorth said:

I heard that the mothership doesn't even have a booth this year because of a lack of inventory. 

They had a big presence as always. 
The tractor pictures i posted  were not part of it.

4 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Going to be the wave of the future. Probably only do a few major shows a year. 

Husker Harvest Days would certainly be considered a “ major show”

I go every year and get there first thing in the AM. I have yet to see it all in one day. If this isn't considered a “ major show” then i don’t know what is.  

1 minute ago, lorenzo said:

Husker Harvest Days would certainly be considered a “ major show”

I go every year and get there first thing in the AM. I have yet to see it all in one day. If this isn't considered a “ major show” then i don’t know what is.  

I’m sure it is it’s put on by Farm Progress companies. JD knows the majority of guys at these shows are second time buyers of most of the massive expensive machines now a days. Plus they are an arrogant company…

John Deere always has had a big lot there, but this way we got half of their old lot to display our older tractors and Big Iron got the other half to display equipment on some of their upcoming sales. There are a lot of empty lots this year though. I heard they had 60 venders that did not return this year, but also had 30 new venders. It also looks like attendance is still down this year, but most of the venders seem pleased with the amount of interest they have had.

1 hour ago, lorenzo said:

A little FYI about Husker Harvest days.

An old neighbor and friend of mine has a small space every year . Its just barely big enough to park his pickup .Cost him $10,000.00.  Yup not a typo 

John Deer for example has a huge space that locals claim cost them $200,000.00 +

They were a no show claiming they didnt feel it would be proper to display  equipment when people are waiting for it. 

Mother Deere just don't get it, do they?

1 hour ago, McCormick 40 said:

John Deere always has had a big lot there, but this way we got half of their old lot to display our older tractors and Big Iron got the other half to display equipment on some of their upcoming sales. There are a lot of empty lots this year though. I heard they had 60 venders that did not return this year, but also had 30 new venders. It also looks like attendance is still down this year, but most of the venders seem pleased with the amount of interest they have had.

Guy I am leasing the tanker from has his quadtrack at the Big Iron booth. The guy who was setting up CIH booth led Ryan over to their booth when he delivered his tractor. Got over there and explained that he was supposed to be at the Big Iron booth. CIH rep was po’ed, and Ryan was livid. He had to go back to the tail end of the line. Guy couldn’t tell new from used. 

I exhibited there for over twenty years with DewEze. 

Watched it grow.

Saw 100 degree heat, snow, wind that blew tents away, tornado warnings, rain that attempted to drown us out.

Saw the twin towers fall.

It was one helluva three day show. 

Many exhibitor parties I can't talk about until the statute of limitations is up.

The money spent was phenomenal. 

Saw new tractors/equipment introduced by the big boys to the world at that show. 

Back then you couldn't walk it in a day, we drove around after the show closed, sipping on cool ones and looked at what everyone had there. 

It was long days of hard work and endless talking to people. 

I did meet some very interesting people though. 

I may go back some day as an attendee only. 

On 9/14/2022 at 9:58 PM, bkorth said:

On 9/15/2022 at 6:08 AM, lorenzo said:

By doing this John Deere showed that they are anything but:

On 9/15/2022 at 6:21 AM, jass1660 said:

Plus they are an arrogant company…

What would YOU think if you attended one of these shows, and walked by the John Deere display, and saw a new tractor/combine/implement/lawn mower setting there, exactly, or very similarly equipped as the one you had ordered last spring, or last week, for that matter?, when your dealer had told you that there would be a 6-8 month wait.

3 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

By doing this John Deere showed that they are anything but:

What would YOU think if you attended one of these shows, and walked by the John Deere display, and saw a new tractor/combine/implement/lawn mower setting there, exactly, or very similarly equipped as the one you had ordered last spring, or last week, for that matter?, when your dealer had told you that there would be a 6-8 month wait.

That's what the John Deere girls at these shows are for.

Make you forget why your mad.

Not knocking the CIH girls, they were pretty shiny but the JD girls had the most chrome 🥰😄

• Like 1

Question.....does Husker Harvest Days charge a commission on stuff sold at HHD? The South Dakota State Fair chased all the machinery cos. away back in the 1990s by doing this. Don't remember if the going rate was 2 or 3%, but on big purchases it adds up quick. A private individual started a machinery show in Mitchell about that time....all the big machinery cos. went there and never came back. It also helps that the event(Dakota Fest) is held a couple weeks before the state fair, too.

If you go to the South Dakota State Fair for machinery today, you will hardly see any of the big ag cos. there. CaseIH is represented only by my employer....no official CaseIH representation. John Deere is represented by the big Deere dealer that has a store there.....what's funny(or sad, however you want to look at it), is that just about ALL of the Deere machinery at our state fair is 3-5 years old or maybe older. They just show some of their used inventory....not unusual to see 2 or 3 John Deere combines there with 1000/1500 hours on them for a display at the fair. Seems strange to see equipment like that at a fair.

I would love to go to Husker Harvest Days sometime, just not the right time of the year for me to get away from work. At least I hope to get to see the CaseIH combine factory at Grand Island next year during RPR. Never been to the GI factory.

9 minutes ago, SDman said:

Question.....does Husker Harvest Days charge a commission on stuff sold at HHD?

Not when I was there.

Or other shows I did either.

With what they cost up front to exhibit there, it would be a real kick in the teeth.

Personally I think they have found the ceiling on what companies are willing to spend to display at shows.

And to stay viable they will have to bring costs down or come up with some incentives to keep exhibitors coming back every year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1