Farmall 140 engine into my 100

Solocam8925

Probably need front pulleys (crank pulley also) from the 100 as they are wider belt 140 is narrower .. I have a 140 engine in my A but it's been almost 30 years ago since I did it 

I assumed he was dropping complete engine in tractor since he found a complete 140 , the question I have is if its a scrap 140 how good is the engine? 

9 minutes ago, hillman said:

I assumed he was dropping complete engine in tractor since he found a complete 140 , the question I have is if its a scrap 140 how good is the engine? 

I'd confirm the fan diameter although I think they would be the same. One I got from the neighbor didn't have all the accessories on it 

On 9/13/2022 at 5:47 PM, bitty said:

Probably need front pulleys (crank pulley also) from the 100 as they are wider belt 140 is narrower .. I have a 140 engine in my A but it's been almost 30 years ago since I did it 

I have an early 140 engine here and two Farmall 130s . the 130s still have the wide belt like Super A and 100- 140 narrow pulley/belt like you said

140s had a very long production run. if the parts tractor has a 12 volt setup with key switch ignition/ starter I would swap all of the electrical and pulleys over to the 100

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 9:58 PM, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

So what is wrong that makes it scrap?

It's the whole 140. The guy told me that the rear bearings are out and there's no gas tank and no hydraulic box by the battery. My 100 has everything. But water is inside the engine. Called a shop. They wanted 4000$ for a overhaul