Air Cleaner for IH UD-24

andyl

Wondering if anyone knows of an air cleaner assembly and brackets that would be for sale to fit an IH UD-24 generator engine. ? We understand that the TD-24 unit is not the same. Shipping would be to an address in California. Image from UD-24 parts book attached.

Thanks

image0.png

Unless IHC made two different round air cleaners, that looks the same to me. Our ‘52 had a air cleaner just like that in the dashboard . In later years they went to the rectangular style down next to the engine.

• 2 weeks later...

I think IH bought ALL their air cleaners, mostly Donaldson, a few Auto Specialties, all oil bath style.  I've admired the fiberglass reinforced plastic two-stage dry type aircleaner on the 27 hp Kawasaki engine on my Zero turn mower, every year I replace the outer or primary filter, the parts guy at my dealer last spring said the inner secondary filter should be good for another year or two.

I was doing some internet snooping this afternoon and found a similar but slightly larger glass fiber reinforced plastic filter housing that would probably fit under the hood on my Super H. The new Donaldson filters are said to remove 99.99% to 99.995% of the dust from incoming air. Best I've ever seen on an oil bath cleaner was around 98%, some only 95%.  I remember harrowing in oats one spring, pulling our new Kewanee 24 ft peg tooth harrow, stiff breeze from the south, dust just hung right around the tractor, if I stood up I could see out above it, heading south was no dust. The hood, grill, & gas tank was BROWN after a quarter mile heading north. I hate to think how much of that dust got into that tractors engine that day. Normally everything we did with that tractor was fairly dust free.  These new Donaldson 2-stage air cleaners come complete with the correct primary & secondary filter elements included at $110.00 total, a clamp type mounting bracket is an extra $21.99.

I considered rebuilding my oil bath into a dry pleated paper filter but EVERYTHING is backwards. This new Donaldson makes the most sense.

Hi and thanks everyone for your input. This is a restoration of a Ready-Power UD-24 generator, so we are trying hard to keep it all original. Going to the extent of making a repro battery box and grill. This unit had a flood go thru it years ago and sat around unrepaired until it was rescued 18 months ago. Manifolds and air cleaner were destroyed by the flood. We have manifolds from a crawler, but the aircleaner seems to be different.

The part number for the complete cleaner assembly is 255270R91, and for the main body is 255404R91. The bracket # is 255139R31.

Any assistance much appreciated. Attached photograph shows progress to date.

IMG_1561.jpg

• Like 2