Moving Dirt to Build More Houses In Southern California

Art From Coleman

5 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

That’s kind of like how people keep moving out of California, but the population stays about the same. I wonder what is happening? It’s a mystery. 

Fewer people living in apartment buildings because they become homeowners instead of renters.  Also, a lot of homes approaching one century of age or more are beyond a practical rebuild.  I'm seeing homes razed to the foundation or torn down altogether with new construction on the same exact site.  

2 hours ago, KY2674 said:

So it looks like going tier 4 is mandatory on all equipment? Is ag exempt? Maybe it's just required on certain jobs. Yes very expensive and a lot of BS.

This site gives a breakdown of the different tiers and when they were implemented by the horsepower rating.

Emissions Standards

1 hour ago, arizonian said:

This site gives a breakdown of the different tiers and when they were implemented by the horsepower rating.

Emissions Standards

Thanks. That gives the dates when certain standards were implemented in new equipment but my question was in the video they're making old equipment tier4 compliant . Is this voluntary or mandatory on older machines?

1 hour ago, KY2674 said:

Thanks. That gives the dates when certain standards were implemented in new equipment but my question was in the video they're making old equipment tier4 compliant . Is this voluntary or mandatory on older machines?

Mandatory in CA. Either has to be sold out of the state or repowered. For construction equipment anyway. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You would be sick if you guys seen the stuff going to the junk yard out there 😞 anything not T4 compliant is going off the road or out of the field . When it hits the salvage yard they take the cutting torch and cut a hole in the side of the he block 😳😳 

Danny

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

You would be sick if you guys seen the stuff going to the junk yard out there 😞 anything not T4 compliant is going off the road or out of the field . When it hits the salvage yard they take the cutting torch and cut a hole in the side of the he block 😳😳 

Danny

Your right I would be sick.

I remember in grade school they said in 20 years California would be gone. At the time we sort of had the image of a big earthquake kind busting off a chunk that floated out to sea. Maybe the implication was that it would be under water. Either way, 20 years has come and gone and I want satisfaction on the promise that was made to us! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Danny

T-Tommy Badass, who is from Midlothian, TX (in the DFW Metroplex) said the same thing was happening a few years ago, when the "Cash For Clunkers" scam was paying not only to take older vehicles off the road, but to take old farm/construction equipment out of circulation.

As someone once said "THEY ARE EVERWHERE", much to the detriment of REAL America.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:25 AM, KY2674 said:

So it looks like going tier 4 is mandatory on all equipment? Is ag exempt? Maybe it's just required on certain jobs. Yes very expensive and a lot of BS.

Some Ag is exempt, 50 HP and under, when the Calif Air Resources Board presented the program to our Farm Bureau a few years ago they did tell us 50 HP and under was exempt, when the question was asked is that flywheel, pto or drawbar HP their answer was "I don't have a clue what you are talking about". These are the people making the rules! They did tell us about the program where they would pay 75% of the cost of a new tractor, you then had to junk your old one.

Doesn't California have a law that says you can't register/license a truck older than 2000 because they don't have strict enough emissions standards?

Also, aren't there several counties in Art's great state of Texas that are similar to California's mandate to get rid of older trucks & farm equipment by having a "cash for clunkers" program? Long Farms had a decent 856 on here a couple years ago that he had entered into that program....the gvmt. was paying him considerably more $$$ to scrap it than what most prospective buyers would be willing to pay for it. On another site a guy had a fleet of early 2000s International trucks that were getting scrapped by cutting the frame rails and cutting 2 holes on opposite sides of the engine block....pretty sure it was in the Houston area.

Just seems like the ultimate in stupidity....but I guess.

49 minutes ago, SDman said:

Just seems like the ultimate in stupidity....but I guess.

It makes as much sense as killing hogs to reduce supply as people went hungry during the depression. My grandfather never let that one go. The “people in charge” have a terrible track record of making wise decisions. 

• Like 1