Valve body purpose on IH340 Utility

BuckRun

What is the purpose of the  VALVE COLUMN AND COVER  p/n 369899R1 in the pic below. The power steering return line goes to it. The ps pressure line I removed as I'm servicing the hyd/ps pump. The ps pump is transmission driven. Thx for any help.

image.thumb.jpeg.0b54cdec999229e4120c8ec04ff81645.jpeg

I have a backhoe attachment and a loader attachment. No fast hitch. Nothing else. Possibly before I owned it maybe there was something. There was a hydraulic piston mounted vertically on the frame of the loader attachment, but it was not hooked up to anything. (see pic)

bottle jack.jpg

Ok that explains a lot. It should have a completely separate hydraulic system to run those as they would be unbearably slow with the little factory pump. Like a pump sticking out the front or one on the pto.

That means theres nothing for the factory hydraulics to do but run power steering if it even has that. That's why your valve column doesn't have any valves on it.