name this screw

Takn4aFool

Yup threaded wood inserts by mid west or servalite...and im sure many others. I worked for a ma pa ace 20 yrs ago...we must have had 6 bins of different varieties. Brass, stainless, cheap, slotted, hex drive..the whole enchilada. Then put what ever screw in them. 

We also had some for metal similar to a helicoil, came with thread locker goo on them. Man i miss working in fasteners...as a wannabe fabricator/mechanic i had the world by the balls lol.

• Like 1

McMaster is always our first choice for price and no overcharge shipping. Zoro has better shipping of bulk/heavy shipping. Most items are free shipping at Zoro if total order is over $50. (or so). Unless it is really special like a lug of many gallons of chemicals.  McMaster has a better catalog and better identification of what they carry BUT they typically do not indicate the mfg of the parts they sell and Zoro does. If you require a WILTON C-clamp or vice go to Zoro and get the free shipping.  If you want 4140 bulk tool steel, it's McMaster for machine shop supplies.

Specialty suppliers typically do not compete with general large catalog retailers on price, but they generally have a staff of support people that know the product line.

Good luck with your projects