Dealership Decals

Wisconsin Ron

I worked at Nord Implement from May of 75 to when they sold out in November of 84. It was then a IH majority owned dealership until it closed after the merger. Larson Implement out of Northfield ran a satellite store there for a few years after that.

3 hours ago, Owen Aaland said:

I worked at Nord Implement from May of 75 to when they sold out in November of 84. It was then a IH majority owned dealership until it closed after the merger. Larson Implement out of Northfield ran a satellite store there for a few years after that.

Thank you for the interesting info. The latest Farmall 686 we acquired has them decals on it. One thinks back we have lost alot of dealers of all colors over the years. 

I'm not familiar with Wacker Impl. in Glencoe MN.  But I sure remember that Owatanna hydrostatic decal, brings back memories of the Owatanna 260 that we did thousands of acres with when I was a kid.

We had I believe 10 or 12 of those 686 tractors that were eligible for an upgrade to higher compression pistons to improve starting and less idle smoke in cold weather. I did the upgrade on one that had coolant leaking from the sleeve O-rings. Tried to get the shop manager to call the other owners to see if we could do the upgrade to some others but nothing came of it. Instead we sat around a lot of hours that winter with nothing to work on.

If I remember correctly there use to be a site maybe Scout or Cubcadet where someone put a ton of different dealership decals together.  Maybe dufunked now?  If I remember right it was every state and style.

Scott

42 minutes ago, 460 said:

If I remember correctly there use to be a site maybe Scout or Cubcadet where someone put a ton of different dealership decals together.  Maybe dufunked now?  If I remember right it was every state and style.

Scott

I think this is what you are thinking of?  http://www.cubcadetcollectors.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17

Sadly the gentleman who was organizing it passed away back in 2015 and it looks like not much has been done to carry on his work.

While Wacker Implement is no longer....I guess you could say it has continued on as one of the Arnold's locations in central Minnesota.

Hopefully somebody will remember this better than I, but I believe Wacker was one of the CAS(Consolidated Ag Service) stores that was part of a multi-store CaseIH dealer organization in central Minnesota in the 1990s-early 2000s. The organization as a whole ran into some financial problems in the mid-2000s, with Titan taking over some of their stores in the west(Graceville, Marshall....maybe Pipestone as well?) and Arnold's taking over stores in the east(Glencoe and ????), with some of the stores just being closed as well(Montevideo for one). 

If you look at the 1456 post over on the IH page by Long Farms, that tractor has a dealer sticker from Boerboom International, which was a CAS dealer, too.

1 hour ago, SDman said:

While Wacker Implement is no longer....I guess you could say it has continued on as one of the Arnold's locations in central Minnesota.

Hopefully somebody will remember this better than I, but I believe Wacker was one of the CAS(Consolidated Ag Service) stores that was part of a multi-store CaseIH dealer organization in central Minnesota in the 1990s-early 2000s. The organization as a whole ran into some financial problems in the mid-2000s, with Titan taking over some of their stores in the west(Graceville, Marshall....maybe Pipestone as well?) and Arnold's taking over stores in the east(Glencoe and ????), with some of the stores just being closed as well(Montevideo for one). 

If you look at the 1456 post over on the IH page by Long Farms, that tractor has a dealer sticker from Boerboom International, which was a CAS dealer, too.

I believe Arnold's has the store in Alden MN, maybe Mankato also.

16 hours ago, IH Forever said:

I'm not familiar with Wacker Impl. in Glencoe MN.  But I sure remember that Owatanna hydrostatic decal, brings back memories of the Owatanna 260 that we did thousands of acres with when I was a kid.

IMAG0889.thumb.jpg.390eefdc2290d19e92e3e3937ea241be.jpgHere is the only digital pic of 260 I can find at moment. It only swaths about 40 to 80 acres barley per year. 

WACKER was a CAS store along with Fuller in Renville Sell BROS. in Walnut Grove ., Grant Hustads in Glenwood, Rothstein Imp in ST.Martin  were the CAS stores I worked with

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:08 PM, Wisconsin Ron said:

IMG_20211004_160125_3.thumb.jpg.b36ee74215220fa4ba645028b74c798c.jpgIMG_20220817_191526_1-1.thumb.jpg.10ae30e1aa9f2e3d5005ab313eeb21ba.jpgthese are are a couple pics of the latest 686 with the Nord Implement decals. Seems like decent tractor. Came with 2250 loader.  Only bad thing is the 15.5's 

Looks like you coulda used a load or two of rock around the silo that day!

13 hours ago, Wisconsin Ron said:

IMAG0889.thumb.jpg.390eefdc2290d19e92e3e3937ea241be.jpgHere is the only digital pic of 260 I can find at moment. It only swaths about 40 to 80 acres barley per year. 

Never saw 1 with a cab around here. Dad’s had an umbrella but the cab sure would have been nice in oats.