4 people died in a wheat field near Leeds ND

dale560

Some sick people just run on......hate. I don't know what else you would call it. My Dad's first cousin was a perfect example of this. The man thought of all of his farmer neighbors as enemies....not friends or neighbors. His wife left him, kids deserted him(he screamed bloody murder at one of his kids because he was taking too long to remove an oil filter on a tractor during an oil change), neighbors steered clear of him when possible. He had threatened one neighbor in particular....that guy was genuinely scared of him for good reason.

He was then diagnosed with terminal cancer....and he made the comment that "if he was going to go, he was gonna take some others with him". That really made everyone nervous in the neighborhood. Fortunately, his threats never came true.  He died a lonely man.....still full of hate.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, SDman said:

"if he was going to go, he was gonna take some others with him".

I knew an older man years ago that said that all the time. He was involved in a decades long dispute with a neighbor about who was supposed to take care of a water gap in some pasture fence. He always said if he knew when he was going to die, he’d take “X” with him when he goes. His wife had died years prior. He had one daughter who he was not on speaking terms with. No farmers around here would assist him with anything because of how he treated people. He died alone in his house without a friend in the world. Most of his hatred seemed to stem from being badly wounded in WWII. He never forgave Germany for what that Nazi grenade did to him. My grandmother knew him his entire life and said he was not the same man when he came home. She said I would never believe how nice of a man he was in the late 1930’s and early 1940’s. I only knew him as a bitter, hateful old man. 

1 hour ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I knew an older man years ago that said that all the time. He was involved in a decades long dispute with a neighbor about who was supposed to take care of a water gap in some pasture fence. He always said if he knew when he was going to die, he’d take “X” with him when he goes. His wife had died years prior. He had one daughter who he was not on speaking terms with. No farmers around here would assist him with anything because of how he treated people. He died alone in his house without a friend in the world. Most of his hatred seemed to stem from being badly wounded in WWII. He never forgave Germany for what that Nazi grenade did to him. My grandmother knew him his entire life and said he was not the same man when he came home. She said I would never believe how nice of a man he was in the late 1930’s and early 1940’s. I only knew him as a bitter, hateful old man. 

Fortunately, nobody around here talked like that.  At least that I know of.  Unfortunately, nearly all of these people don't have an excuse such as going off to war and having a very bad experience.  Also, the bad attitude has run in the family for many generations.  Around here most don't like what they consider outsiders or those that do not have an English-Protestant background.  Before automobiles or telephones became common place they would just burn people out of their homes and sometimes while still in the home.  Just a matter of what they thought that they could get away with.  Just about all these people who hate are just monsters.  It might have made a difference if they got knocked on their tail while being a kid to bring them down a notch but by the time they hit middle age they are hopeless.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

One of my buddy's Grandfather was the same way. Difference with him was he was captured by the Japanese in the Philapines when the Correigidor fell early in the war. Spent the rest of the war as a POW where the Japanese starved him half to death and actually totured him. He had nasty scars on his wrist and ankles from that toture. Went to the grave with a absolute hatred of the Japanese. He was one mean SOB. I have been around ornery, tempermental people all my life but he was a whole new level I had never seen. The rest of the family was somewhat sane but they treated him with kid gloves because of his mean and unpredictable manner he was.

My Grandpa knew him before the war and said he so shy and bashful before that you would overlook him if you weren't looking for him. Soft spoken and easy going. Not so after that. In his case the old saying goes you can take the sweetest puppy around and tie it to a fence post and beat the H--- out of it everyday until its full grown. Its going to be one mean junkyard dog.

• Like 1