Ran across these today

Big Bud guy

14 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

Could you actually buy a TD20B red when it was new?

I can’t see why not.  They are red in my literature.  You have to remember at that time they were being marketed to farmers in addition to construction

• Like 1

That’s pretty interesting. Always admired the crawlers because we didn’t have any here for farming. 

39 minutes ago, littlered166 said:

what horse power are these machines from big to small?

The TD-6 would be what a Farmall MD is.  The 18 I think is around 100 off the belt.  No idea what the 20 is but I think it replaced the 18A.

22 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

TD20B was introduced at 150 hp and later upgraded to 160 hp, I think. DT-429 powered. 

That’s amazing considering if you go 10 years back our 14A has the 466 and half the hp.  

If you just do math the TD14A would be 463 but I think they referred to them as 461? The hp kept creeping up but they made them for almost 20 years, 14A was probably around 78hp? That era 18A would be around 107hp my guess.

There are an awful lot of yellow IH crawlers with red roots underneath, I would say C series were predominantly yellow but there is a gorgeous one in red ♥️