Hit and miss

Lazy WP

Found an auction with a few of them. I am not interested in them but I might make it there if someone wants them. I think I am going to north central Iowa  later this year, with a pickup and stock trailer and could bring them along. 

3665932F-D08D-4BEC-8472-24B245110833.jpeg

• Like 4

You get the team player award.  What an offer.

I have always found hit and miss engines interesting. 

I think they are interesting too but don't have the time or funds to take on another hobby. 

Got 2 complete maytag multi motors and most of another as well as some misc parts. Had the 2 cyl running exactly once. 

5 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I think they are interesting too but don't have the time or funds to take on another hobby. 

Got 2 complete maytag multi motors and most of another as well as some misc parts. Had the 2 cyl running exactly once. 

I've got a couple and still don't have time for another hobby!  Gary😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/25/2022 at 3:58 PM, lorenzo said:

I think they are interesting but unfortunately the younger generation could care less. They already seam to be getting cheaper and easier to find these days.

The problem is young guys do want to get into it but there are a few guys that go out and buy everything then make crazy prices. Even the common engines that should be cheap like a hercules or associated,  are insanely expensive.  I would love more engines but the price is just to high

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/24/2022 at 12:36 PM, iowaboy1965 said:

Is a multi motor different than what they put on the washing machines? Just scored this.

84892221-D7CA-4EFA-9D3A-9DAA8C8F7E66.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Binderoid said:

Is a multi motor different than what they put on the washing machines? Just scored this.

84892221-D7CA-4EFA-9D3A-9DAA8C8F7E66.jpeg

Same thing. Nice old motor. 

I think those were 1/2 hp and the newer twins were 5/8. There was an older single cyl predating the one you scored. About all I recall at the moment.

Used to be able to walk into the Maytag headquarters building and get zeroxed copies of owners manual and I think a service manual. Not 100% inclusive of all info but was a pretty good start if you had none. Of course that's all done now thay whirlpool bought them out. Idk maybe I should call them sometime and ask for multimotor info....🤔😄

22 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Lazy did you see what the model A went for?

I didn’t go, sorry. I had big plans and then I ran hard all of last week. Got home late Friday night and slept in. It was a couple hours from the house so I will use that as my excuse. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

I didn’t go, sorry. I had big plans and then I ran hard all of last week. Got home late Friday night and slept in. It was a couple hours from the house so I will use that as my excuse. 

No excuses needed from anyone that works hard, I will try looking it up, that was a pretty stock looking A from the pic.