''Outer Range ""

mike newman

We finally got good enough internet out here in the sticks that we are able to stream.  We need to drop the dish and get some streaming services but haven't yet, since we have Amazon Prime we checked out this series.  It's a little out there, gets a little far fetched at times.  But we've really enjoyed it.

Mike, I watched a few episodes back during the drouth when it was so hot and I couldn't work outside. It didn't really impress the wife and I, as the plot is rather far-fetched and the story line somewhat hard to follow. My opinion only, of course. We wound up watching Yellowstone over again rather than finishing the series. 

Mac

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Art From Coleman said:

What did they do to make it "far fetched"?  Did Hollywood rewrite the old Outer Limits episodes and give them a rural setting, as the name "Outer Range" implies?

I'm not familiar with Outer Limits.  But this show gets into Portals and Time Travel.  It's set in rural Wyoming, but has very little to do with ranching and the livestyle.

Isn't outer limits when you have an eight point buck at 200 yards and you have 100 yard gun and ammo. Wouldn't that be outer limits.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jingles1928 said:

Isn't outer limits when you have an eight point buck at 200 yards and you have 100 yard gun and ammo. Wouldn't that be outer limits.

Only when the 8 point buck knows full well he’s out of range and is blatantly taunting you…

Would like to see if Clarkson Farm,  if it ever comes back ! 
Good laugh , see who he can get in trouble with this season .

That title brings to mind a poem from Oz -

"A Bush Christening"

"On the Outer Barcoo

Where churches are few

And men of religion are scanty

On a track seldom crossed

'Cept by folk who are lost

One Michael McGee had a shanty"

The full story here

• Haha 1