Palouse Harvest, August 2022

Brady Boy

The boys (and I saw a young cutie driving a truck) were out in force today.  Hot and dry, perfect.  I even stumbled onto an IH 1206 Standard.  An early model, with the stenciled 1206.  BK

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brady Boy said:

The boys (and I saw a young cutie driving a truck) were out in force today.  Hot and dry, perfect.  I even stumbled onto an IH 1206 Standard.  An early model, with the stenciled 1206.  BK

Thanks for the video! I was down to the CaseIH dealer in Fairfield once, but it was before the harvest. Then there's a New Holland dealer just west of Spokane by Fairchild AFB. Both are staffed by a good bunch of guys. When I did get a chance to see some combining done, it was along 2 between Reardan & Wilbur. Then up 174 to Grand Coulee. Such a gorgeous area!! I miss it out there, but I don't miss the crazies.... or the mess they leave behind in the mountains.

Mike

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brady Boy said:

A huge change for me, from Brady Township, Michigan.  BK

Yes, very different. That is a beautiful old barn in your video and love the landscape. Quite different from Brady township Mich. I'm only bout 15 minutes east of there. Thanks for the video, its great

• Like 1

Very cool Billy , thanks for doing this 👍😎 Kristin will be wanting that 1206 wheat land with the auger mounted on it . I like the old barns 👍

Danny

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 5:01 AM, ozfarm said:

just a question

at the start of the video,            i see black areas ??

im thinking fallow ??

You may be correct, I was thinking maybe the winter wheat had been cut, then the ground was worked.  That's a guess.  BK

11 hours ago, Art From Coleman said:

When I went through there in 1994, the harvest was pretty much done, but there were fields that had been plowed, so you are most likely correct.

And, in a rare instance for me, I stopped and talked to a man seeding wheat, and that ground was well tilled.

Did you go up and see Grand Coulee Dam, and take the tour?

I was so impressed that I came back and spent the night and watched the light show that they projected onto the face of the dam.

https://www.usbr.gov/pn/grandcoulee/visit/laser.html

I would definitely go back, now that they have opened one of the reactor buildings on the Hanford (Manhatten Project) Site to the public.

https://manhattanprojectbreactor.hanford.gov/

You also might have lucked out and saw Boeing's "latest and greatest" at the former Larson AFB, as I understand that Boeing uses it for test flights.

Art, I've done the damn tour, watched the evening light show several times (a big hit with visiting relatives), and spent several hours in the visitors museum.  We even walked across the damn, back before 9/11, and everything was blocked off.  A great area to visit.  Follow Banks Lake south, and have a burger at the Coulee City Saloon.  BK