AC terra tiger

dale560

Any of you guys ever been around one? Dads cousin had one at the farm that was the original home place. I vaguely remember it running years ago. Dads cousin passed away at age of 92 and rosary or wake service last night they had it parked outside the church. The son my age got it and restored it a few years ago. They had it fired up and running up and down Main Street of little town of Karlsruhe ND.  It was a very good service last night not sad just memory’s of a unique individual. There were 11 kids in his family and cousin Ted came from a family of 17 children. And watching the promotional videos I want to go back to 1970 that has to be one of my favorite eras from time gone by.

E601AEE4-286D-4E3D-B1AD-A851717C8137.jpeg

D5139108-F6F4-4EB6-9514-E5AAAD80A972.png

6C3B5D0C-1AD8-437F-B810-D0EFB7531B0B.png

• Like 2

Never around any of em but moms uncle worked for a company in Ames Iowa that made or at least was involved somehow with something that looked very similar. I believe it was called a swamp fox? 

Never heard of them before-  kinda looks like something Q would had set up for James Bond.   Watching the video, it seems to handle a lot better than I expected- thought it would be jerky going through turns.   I did notice they didn't have so much footage of it used as a boat- it looks slow and the operator would likely get soaked going through the deeper water.   But still,  a fun rig.

Sympathies for the loss of your cousin.  

• Like 1

I don't believe I have ever seen an AC in person.  I remember as a kid seeing ads for the "Argo" 6 wheel amphibious vehicle in the back of magazines, Popular Mechanics I think.  I always thought they looked neat and wanted 1, but never did get 1.  I'd love to try 1 out sometime.

The AC dealer here in town sold one. We worked on it in my auto mechanics class around 1976. IIRC it had a 2 stroke engine.