Reverse lights

Tarheel72

My son and I are starting work on a 1968 1100 C series IH pick up. Reverse lights do not work. Anybody have experience with the transmission switch for this-think I found it but no wire is running to it. The only access I can see to replace the switch would be the plate in the floor in the cab where the shifter goes through the floor. Any thoughts? Appreciate it.

Back up lights were probably an option, could be they were never hooked up from the factory. 

We need to determine what model of tranny you  have installed to make the best guess.

I believe that model had a large cover plate over the transmission hump giving total access to the area. 

BUT and automatic will have a different location from a stick shift for peripheral attachments.

Good luck with your truck, We ran a 69 1100D 4X4 until 89, lots of good memories!