Had some luck Friday

DT Fan

And it was good! Working on the 1460, changing the spindle/hubs out for the H-D units. Just as I was ready to install the first 'new' one, neighbor pulls up the driveway wanting to borrow a wrench. We talk a bit, I explain what I'm doing and why. He grabs the spindle and gets it started as I get the floor-jack under it. Went right in, cool. Well, he goes back to mowing and I get started on the other side. Took a little break to take Aaron some stuff from the garden. Get back home, just finished pulling the last bushing in the knee, Iowaboy pulls in the driveway. Unbelievable timing. We get spindle No.2 wrestled in and buttoned up then get the tank out of the old wagon he was here to get. Sent a bag of sweetcorn home with him too.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

A guy needs those days once in awhile!

Also how priceless good friends and neighbors are.

Kinda keeps you being a good one yourself😃

No matter how hard you try.

You can never totally repay the kindness shown to you by others!

• Like 5

Mike did all the hard work! I just ran the floor jack handle. 😁 and I was well repaid in sweet corn! Thanks again Mike. Always enjoy stopping over. Would have like to stayed longer but you know how it goes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I stopped in around 5:30. Was astonished that Mike had them both changed out already!  Expected to see him working on them when I arrived.  They are massive compared to the original hubs.  He told me that he had helpers at just the right time all afternoon.   I showed up just at beverage time, so my timing was impeccable as well.   He had misplaced a partial in a coozie and never did locate it while I was there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I stopped in around 5:30. Was astonished that Mike had them both changed out already!  Expected to see him working on them when I arrived.  They are massive compared to the original hubs.  He told me that he had helpers at just the right time all afternoon.   I showed up just at beverage time, so my timing was impeccable as well.   He had misplaced a partial in a coozie and never did locate it while I was there!

I later found that coozy, in my back pocket!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3