quick hitch plow

yes it is the fast hitch version  /  guy who is selling it told me just take the two bottom three pt out and the quick hitch on plow will just slide in // I dont think so since the bottom three pt angles where the fast hitch points on plow are straight and  will not slide in as they are straight

16 minutes ago, Steve Ruppert said:

yes it is the fast hitch version  /  guy who is selling it told me just take the two bottom three pt out and the quick hitch on plow will just slide in // I dont think so since the bottom three pt angles where the fast hitch points on plow are straight and  will not slide in as they are straight

He is incorrect. It will not just slide in. The easiest is to find a 3pt plow. Otherwise there is a fair amount of fabrication to make the fast hitch work on a 3pt machine. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steve Ruppert said:

That only works on the 1206.

The ball ends don't come out on a 3pt. There's a cross pin that only allows them to slide out a few inches to aid in alignment when hitching up.

The only way to make that fast hitch plow work is to modify the plow. Get the modifications wrong, and the plow will never plow right, so it's probably advisable to go ahead with finding a 3pt plow.

40 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

That only works on the 1206.

The ball ends don't come out on a 3pt. There's a cross pin that only allows them to slide out a few inches to aid in alignment when hitching up.

The only way to make that fast hitch plow work is to modify the plow. Get the modifications wrong, and the plow will never plow right, so it's probably advisable to go ahead with finding a 3pt plow.

I’ve pounded the roll pin out on the 806 before, ball ends come all the way out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

I’ve pounded the roll pin out on the 806 before, ball ends come all the way out. 

Previous owner had done that to my 826 as well. Now how well that would work with fast hitch equipment I have no idea.

10 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Previous owner had done that to my 826 as well. Now how well that would work with fast hitch equipment I have no idea.

Doesn’t go in far enough to be straight for fast hitch equipment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you already have the tractor and already have the plow, the simple way to make the combination work is to buy a 3pt to 2pt adapter. That is an adapter that hooks to your 3pth tractor with provision to hitch the 2pth plow to it. And yes, there are such adapters out there, although not as plentiful as the 2pt to 3pt.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 2:16 PM, Tobaccoman said:

If you already have the tractor and already have the plow, the simple way to make the combination work is to buy a 3pt to 2pt adapter. That is an adapter that hooks to your 3pth tractor with provision to hitch the 2pth plow to it. And yes, there are such adapters out there, although not as plentiful as the 2pt to 3pt.

Except you will find about 1000 3pt hitch plows before you come across one of these adapters.

I have only ever seen one for sale, and that was recently, on Facebook. It has apparently sold because I had the ad saved and it is no longer in my saved list.

Plus there is always some kind of compromise with the adapters. If you care about doing a decent job of plowing it's a precision job which requires adjustments you might not be able to make to the plow with the adapter.

44 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Except you will find about 1000 3pt hitch plows before you come across one of these adapters.

I have only ever seen one for sale, and that was recently, on Facebook. It has apparently sold because I had the ad saved and it is no longer in my saved list.

Plus there is always some kind of compromise with the adapters. If you care about doing a decent job of plowing it's a precision job which requires adjustments you might not be able to make to the plow with the adapter.

X2!

Come to C-IL.  Go to a farm auction.  Buy the 720 5 bottom for $200.    Cut it down to a 3 or 4 bottom.   

Just makes me sick what good 710/720 plows that are barely used go for out here....nobody plows, so nobody wants them....scrapper buys most.   I've seen many plows go for $200 or less....even a few "no bids".

It’s the same way with plows here. I have seen many sell for $50. Unless it’s a 2 bottom for someone’s garden, they are basically scrap price or just over scrap. I saw a 6-18 Oliver plow sell a few months ago that brought $175 and I thought that was high.