For those of you with a dyno........

dads706

5 minutes ago, Farming Enthusiast said:

So, if remember right an 806 has a 2 3/4" manifold pipe coming up. What would be the correct size straight pipe to put on there? 

That I can not answer, out of my pay grade. 😂 I just know enough to be dangerous is all. I would assume that if one went to 3" it would not be detrimental in such a short pipe. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Farming Enthusiast said:

So, if remember right an 806 has a 2 3/4" manifold pipe coming up. What would be the correct size straight pipe to put on there? 

That I can not answer, out of my pay grade. 😂 I just know enough to be dangerous is all. I would assume that if one went to 3" it would not be detrimental in such a short pipe. 

9 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

I am going to have to find my copy of Smokey Yunick's Power Secrets.  He tried EVERYTHING back in the day!  I bet it holds the answer!

That's a good book and so is the Ram Chargers book.  Both is a generation that will never be seen again for innovation in ICE.

1 hour ago, 460 said:

That's a good book and so is the Ram Chargers book.  Both is a generation that will never be seen again for innovation in ICE.

The smarts that came from all the different engine builders and racers were at a forefront then, shelby was another, and the big name racers also tested and improved the game, garlits, pru, sox and martin, landy, grumpy, etc, I remember gleaning whatever info and news I could to help my own little enterprise at the track and on the street.

• Like 2

There was a youtube video about some guys (I think it may have been a cable show) that took a bone stock 300 cubic in. 6 cyl Ford and just started adding stuff to it. Testing each step on the dyno. If my memory is correct they started with headers, then ignition, then roller rockers, and last an intake. In the end they more than doubled the hp and probably torque as well. All while never touching any internal parts. They wanted to show what simple changes did, that the guy with a set of sockets could do on a weekend in his garage. It was very interesting. It would have been interesting to see the dyno each time if they did a phase II, .....headwork, cam, pistons, etc.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

Number 9 with a 454, number 7 which is the one I saw tonight used their 350, it's interesting what their findings were, I wonder what they will find with the big block.