1660 combine

Ag Parts or Hy-Cap have the seal tools. Should be able to borrow one from dealer or truck shop. 

Did both seals start leaking at same time? 

20 hours ago, CIHTECH said:

Ag Parts or Hy-Cap have the seal tools. Should be able to borrow one from dealer or truck shop. 

Did both seals start leaking at same time? 

Nobody around these parts will loan or rent tools.  The area Case IH dealer will not even offer advice.  You need something done then schedule work with the shop foreman and pay.

48 minutes ago, 766 Man said:

Nobody around these parts will loan or rent tools.  The area Case IH dealer will not even offer advice.  You need something done then schedule work with the shop foreman and pay.

Monroe? They are good about helping up here. 

11 minutes ago, ChrisNY said:

Monroe? They are good about helping up here. 

Yes.  But for the sake of fairness I have not needed their shop for a while now and the philosophy of a location is based on the people running it.  Attitude probably varies with location.  I go to an area Mennonite shop for advice and used parts for my IH stuff.  He treats me well.   Back to MT I do business with the parts department and feel like I have been treated well but there are certainly no bargains to be had.  

3 hours ago, 766 Man said:

I'd be looking for a new dealer

17 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

I'd be looking for a new dealer

It would matter more if I had a bunch of later Case IH equipment to service.  Also, this is getting to be a few years back now and I think the faces have changed.  For my needs the area mom and pop shop has taken good care of me.  He can't always come right to the phone but usually gets back to me within a couple of hours.  The dealer is the dealer where I am as they run a sizable portion of the region here.