Continuing Art's vacation thread...........

dads706

Maybe not vacations, but a couple things I've always wanted to do........

Put a canoe in at the head of the Mississippi and float to the gulf.

Spend a winter in a Siberian trappers cabin (on my bucket list) (I may have to settle for Alaska)

Spend a winter in the Alps taking care of the cattle and enjoying the quiet. (just a dream, but sure would like to do it)

Most of my vacations are just day dreams, but they sure are fun to dream about.

Anybody else have any they want to share?

Living the dream here. But a few notes would be fishing somewhere tropical, Seeing all the ancient mexican, central and south American ruins. Also dream of living on a boat...a nice one lol.

Side note..im pretty sure the trapping is better in Alaska than Siberia, from all ive read anyways. I may be able to facilitate this dream for someone in a few years..but if one wanted to pretend they could stay in a cabin in our backwoods. Could still trap and itd still be just as cold!

Soon to become a reality, spend a year on motorcycle traveling Canada and the US

• Like 2

Would like to see where my Dad served in WW II.

Would like to see the Panama Canal, and with the possible exception of Argentina, that would be as much of Central/South America as I would have ANY desire of seeing.

Since the dissolution of South Africa, there IS NOTHING that beckons me to go back to Africa. (The Middle East, and the parts of Asia (except Japan) I really have NO interest in returning to.

If they had a poor man's version of this (other than being a hobo), this WOULD be interesting, and you wouldn't have to ride with a trainload of obnoxious, pretentious twits.

https://www.australia.com/en-us/trips-and-itineraries/sydney-and-surrounds/4-days-on-board-the-indian-pacific-train.html

A coast to coast passenger train trip across the US, through the northern tier of states, winding up in DC. (Taking a coast to coast trip on Canada's version of AmTrak would also suffice)

The train ride across Russia would also be interesting.

RE-visiting many of the places I have been here in the US, just to see IF my memory is correct, and what has changed.

A trip up through the Prairie Provinces of Canada.

At least set foot in the three states that I have NOT been in (Alaska, Ohio, and Delaware)

Lastly, do what I should have done when I had the MANY chances to do so, go to NE Holland, NW Germany and see where my people came from.

In reality, however: Just getting out of, and away from, the house.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dads706 said:

Put a canoe in at the head of the Mississippi and float to the gulf.

You could not pay me enough to even think of this. I have seen what the barges do to large boats by Red Wing MN and it is just the first part of the voyage.