case 1460 replacement for injection pump?

Oskar

Good morning.

I have a question about the injection pump in case 1460

I have a pomp model in my case 100-6A-100A-9281-E20

whether maybe someone knows is there any substitute of this pump or remake of another the pump to make everything work?

whether maybe someone knows or tried put some replacement in this pump?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Regards Oskar

6 minutes ago, dannyredfan said:

Might be caseIH.   But not case. 

😈

They are CaseIH, but only the decals say so. As far as I'm concerned, the new CaseIH combines are still IH. Just made more complicated with the modern computer stuff.

Mike

img.webp

1 hour ago, dannyredfan said:

Might be caseIH.   But not case. 

😈

my contract after the merger was between me and the J,I. CASE COMPANY NOT CASEIH.   caseIH was just a brand name the manufacturer was the J.I. CASE COMPANY  it says that on the serial number plates.  The international Harvester Co. built engines and motor trucks not combines after the merger

• Like 1

Find a good injection shop they can fix it do the injectors too while your at it

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

But that’s not a 1460....

but its a Case isn't it?🙂the current company is not IH or JI Case. I wish they would change the name to Fiat . 

2 hours ago, R190 said:

The international Harvester Co. built engines and motor trucks not combines after the merger

did International Harvester Co actually exist after 1985 or 86? I thought it was renamed Navistar International

2 minutes ago, hillman said:

did International Harvester Co actually exist after 1985 or 86? I thought it was renamed Navistar International

That was the truck division

24 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

That was the truck division

Tenneco didn't own the rights to International Harvester ,The truck division owned it but renamed themselves as I understand it. 

2 hours ago, Farmall Doctor said:

But does the decal on the side not say case International?  Or later caseIH? Case makes backhoes, not combines. 

Case was a brand name also, used by the CE division after the Ag division was rebranded as case INTERNATIONAL  it was still the J.I. CASE COMPANY who manufactured the equipment at that time.  The INTERNATIONAL HARVESTOR COMPANY which by then consisted of the engine and motor truck divisions , was renamed NAVISTAR INTERNATIONAL some time in 86, as far as I know Tennaco or any later owners never got the rights to the name INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER COMPANY. Some magnums still have the J I  CASE  COMPANY listed as the manufacturer on the serial number tag. 

On 8/3/2022 at 4:06 PM, Oskar said:

Good morning.

I have a question about the injection pump in case 1460

I have a pomp model in my case 100-6A-100A-9281-E20

whether maybe someone knows is there any substitute of this pump or remake of another the pump to make everything work?

whether maybe someone knows or tried put some replacement in this pump?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Regards Oskar

Hey guys I'm pretty sure @Oskar  is not from north America so our comments may be off base.

your 1460 combine should have a dt436 and the only injection pumps used on that engine was the AB100 like you have. A bosch inline pump was used on the dt466 which could be installed on the combine but it's a major job and it would be much easier to replace the injection pump you have.

What is wrong with your injection pump?

If we can't help you get it working we can help you replace it. They are easy find here in the USA rebuilt and used. 

Thx-Ace 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, R190 said:

Case was a brand name also, used by the CE division after the Ag division was rebranded as case INTERNATIONAL  it was still the J.I. CASE COMPANY who manufactured the equipment at that time.  The INTERNATIONAL HARVESTOR COMPANY which by then consisted of the engine and motor truck divisions , was renamed NAVISTAR INTERNATIONAL some time in 86, as far as I know Tennaco or any later owners never got the rights to the name INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER COMPANY. Some magnums still have the J I  CASE  COMPANY listed as the manufacturer on the serial number tag. 

So does Volkswagen own the rights to the name International Harvester now? What a crime that is, if that’s the case. 

8 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

So does Volkswagen own the rights to the name International Harvester now? What a crime that is, if that’s the case. 

I will take a VW product over a Fiat any day of the week

19 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

They are CaseIH, but only the decals say so. As far as I'm concerned, the new CaseIH combines are still IH. Just made more complicated with the modern computer stuff.

Mike

img.webp

someone correct me if I am wrong but the new ones are redesigned and are not really from the orig IH design, That 1460 with the four letter word in their name is 100% IH design. Tenneco signed the pay checks

2 hours ago, hillman said:

someone correct me if I am wrong but the new ones are redesigned and are not really from the orig IH design, That 1460 with the four letter word in their name is 100% IH design. Tenneco signed the pay checks

Other than the original single rotor/Axial-Flow design, there is NOTHING from IH on the Flagship design. Actually, not much is even what I would call CaseIH in design.....most of it is from Fiat/New Holland as New Holland was developing the CR series before the Case/New Holland merger.

As far as overall design in a Flagship, let's look at the major components:

• Overall frame design is New Holland. The final drives, transmission, frame structure as a whole came from New Holland. I guess you could say the 2-speed transmission found on the 50 series Flagships since 2019 is based on the transmission from the 21/2388 3-speed box, which was based on the old IH 1460/80 design...but I'm stretching things there.
  • Cab. New Holland design. I guess you could call the "common cab" used on all red combines since 2013 production more from the red side than the yellow side, but the original cab on the Flagships was definitely New Holland-based.
  • Grain tank/unloading system....definitely New Holland-based.
  • Engines....FPT engines....thank Fiat for that.
  • Cleaning system.....other than the Cross-Flow fan and Tailings Processor on the red ones, the self-leveling sieve system is all New Holland-based.
  • Feeder house....that's pretty much all CaseIH there
  • The all hydraulic/hydrostatic drive, including the rotor/feeder drive CVTs, is pretty much CaseIH. New Holland machines are mostly mechanical drive.
  • Single rotor and drive system....all CaseIH there.
  • Straw chopper design & drive are from the red side. Same with the straw spreader system on the Flagships.

The Flagships are kind of like a bride on her wedding day.....something old, something new, something borrowed, and something......yellow(not blue).

• Like 1