Mid Iowa Antique Power Show

DT Fan

11 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Like they say on 'The price is right', come on down! Massey Ferguson is feature next year, not sure whats after that. Best shows I remember are IH, Allis or Oliver, Case not too bad either. MM was feature a few years back, think it was pretty good too.

If you're ever in the neighborhood give me a shout. Show or no show. I'll give you the nickle tour of the farm and all my junk!

I generally only come when IH is the feature tractor, but have been there for other shows occasionally.  I actually think my favorite show there was in the late 90's when they had AC as the feature, may have even been the "Gathering of the Orange"?

I did take about 6 more pictures right before I loaded the 8 to go home. Then left the camera in the toolbox. I'll retrieve it later today and hopefully get them posted before I go to work.

The 135 the 856 pulled on the DYNO held up for high of the show, kind of surprised me. The 1070 Case's owner thought it was going to be higher than the 130 it would up at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

I generally only come when IH is the feature tractor, but have been there for other shows occasionally.  I actually think my favorite show there was in the late 90's when they had AC as the feature, may have even been the "Gathering of the Orange"?

I wasn't there but pretty sure you are correct. Have heard the Orange guys talk about the gathering at Marshalltown. Red, Orange, and Olive Green are always great shows. I think Orange was 2018, lots of nice tractors and cool implements showed up.

2 hours ago, IH Forever said:

You are correct.   First time I attended the show.  Grandpa Wade took me over.

7 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

That poster of the 4010/20 pulling the disk and planter, that’s pretty cool!! 
By the looks of it in the pictures, it looked cloudy there yesterday? Did it cool down for a cooler last day, or was it still a scorcher yesterday?

I have always liked that poster myself.  The tractor is a 5020 and has cast centers and rims (just like the inside)  for duals.

Got the camera retrieved from the farm, just enough battery to get the pics on the computer. Really need to get a new phone so I can go back to doing this the easy way!

Anyway, pic of the dyno board and some draft horses. They are powering an elevator. Walking in a circle on a device I don't know the name of. Horse P.T.O.??

DSC00918.JPG

DSC00919.JPG

DSC00920.JPG

DSC00921.JPG

DSC00922.JPG

11 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Temperature was down some but still sticky and oppressive. Actually, it was noticeably cooler at the show grounds than 20-25 miles further South. 

Well that’s good that it was a little cooler for the last day! 

That’s great that the 856 held highest hp rating at the dyno!! 👍🏻

8 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

I have always liked that poster myself.  The tractor is a 5020 and has cast centers and rims (just like the inside)  for duals.

Oh it’s a 5020?! I’ll have to look again! 

I didn’t zoom in when I first looked at the picture, but going back, and zooming in, I definitely see it is beefier than a 4010/20!

You would definitely need a 5020 to pull a set up like that...or an 806.

9 hours ago, DT Fan said:

I don't know the name of. Horse P.T.O.??

A horse power. It's neat to watch them work. Those two are really putting up some grain as that's a decent flow into the truck.

Mike

The toys all made it home safe.

20220809_200958.thumb.jpg.2140defd15f16added6b3eeb7c3c32c1.jpg

20220809_201353.thumb.jpg.4d37415c3387a9f56228dd6a1afba5ef.jpg

The office secretary sent out the show numbers: 

IH:  41 exhibits 

John Deere:  32 exhibits 

Allis Chalmers: 25 exhibits 

These were the top brands,  the others were not even close!

• Like 3

Was kinda bummed i didnt get to attend, but I had about 27 things going on that weekend.

Hafta bring the ole ratty 560D out next year if you do the dyno deal again. shes good at makin the other brand guys cry.....lol

14 hours ago, Old-F20 said:

Was kinda bummed i didnt get to attend, but I had about 27 things going on that weekend.

Hafta bring the ole ratty 560D out next year if you do the dyno deal again. shes good at makin the other brand guys cry.....lol

Bring it on!