D361

Got an 806 that I overhauled probably 1500 to 2000 hours ago. When I overhauled it I put an m&w turbo on it. Also had injectors and ink pump redone. It's not used for alot of heavy work. My brother thinks it's leaking oil out the exhaust cause it's dripping right below  the exh manifold. I'm thinking it's needing to be worked to burn the cobwebs out of it since it's kinda just been idling the last 3 months. I wouldn't think it's valve stem seals. What's everyone's thoughts?

Its wet stacking I'd find something to really load the engine down pulling a disc plowing whatever Maybe the fuel delivery it set on the high side as well 

3 hours ago, 756puller said:

That's what I told my brother was to pull it but he thinks gaskets are out of it which I find really hard to believe.

No gaskets failing will put oil in the exhaust. 

FWIW with a turbo there's usually pressure in the exhaust and the intake so leaky valve seals will look like excess blowby.

Traded labor for a 1086 ta for this 806 that had been sitting for 20 years with a locked up engine. It leaks a little bit of oil to make dirt accumulate. I didn't take the time to tear apart the oil cooler and reseal.everything like I should have. I resealed everything that I had off and got it running so I could use it.

2 years ago I had an 806 that needed a PTO rebuild that was strictly an auger tractor.  I made sure to wait until after dark to run the PTO on the dyno and WOW the sparks show that thing put off burning the crap in the manifold off when it got hot was cool.  Ran it for an hour or so and it actually really cleaned that slobbering thing up too.  

The wet stacking is not oil but unburnt fuel.

It looks like oil but it is not.

Work it and it will clean up fast.

My 856 mixer wagon tractor wet stacked terrible last winter.  So bad there was “oil” running down the muffler.  Duty cycle was too short plus I think it didn’t like straight #1 diesel either.