You ever just look back at some of your first post's

welkerfarmsfan

Well it hasnt been years for me but yeah i have. Some of my posts ive asked questions that make me sound like i dont know what a wrench is.....just embarrassing.

• Like 1

I can understand how u feel. 

• Haha 2

When i started framing houses with 2 of my uncles, i really just packed lumber and cleaned up or hold this hold that. I kept quiet and payed attention. One day my uncle asked y i dont ask any questions...he says ur always running that little mouth, y not now? I replied that i dont want to sound stupid. He said he wanted me to ask any question i wanted even if not about framing. He said this was my chance to get everthing on the table and figure out what it all is. He also said my questions may trigger him to teach me something he may have not thought of. He told me the only thing that will make me look stupid is if i fluck something up that i had no idea about....ask the damn questions! Lol. The acual conversation was light hearted and funny...these are also the guys that thickened my skin.

I haven't gone back much on this site to see old posts, but on the Yesterdays Tractor forum I have. Man, was I a noob & a knobhead back then!! Good to see nothing changes.🤣

Mike

P.S. I really didn't want to type out the fact that I've been on the other site since before you was born. So I didn't.😉

• Haha 4

I have changed very little.  Of course I did not start the internet thing until around 15 years ago so I was late to a lot of things.  But about that time I was old enough to know or ask about many things.  I am sure that I will definitely ask about things as I know I am not a complete mechanic and some things will stump me but be simple to someone who has been around the block a time or two.  I can also advise and have picked up on some things through experience.  I just learned that worn spools can keep a gang from staying tight on a 770 disk.  The wear can be hard to see but the tape measure and a new spool do not lie.

My first posts?

Every spring when I go around fences

1050332950_fencepost.jpg.6ed5295eda309b00111c5fc014284e57.jpg

It was set long before Albert Gore invented the internet and will be of usefullness long after they are both gone. 

🤠

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

On 7/31/2022 at 4:53 PM, Twolines said:

When i started framing houses with 2 of my uncles, i really just packed lumber and cleaned up or hold this hold that. I kept quiet and payed attention. One day my uncle asked y i dont ask any questions...he says ur always running that little mouth, y not now? I replied that i dont want to sound stupid. He said he wanted me to ask any question i wanted even if not about framing. He said this was my chance to get everthing on the table and figure out what it all is. He also said my questions may trigger him to teach me something he may have not thought of. He told me the only thing that will make me look stupid is if i fluck something up that i had no idea about....ask the damn questions! Lol. The acual conversation was light hearted and funny...these are also the guys that thickened my skin.

I’ve concluded over the years the only stupid question is the one you never ask...

• Like 2

I'm not sure how to find my first post but I think it might have been a question about the M&W clutch on uncle George's M he bought new . I don't remember what year but I was only online for my wife to try and convince me we needed WiFi 

Ace wouldnt u say that as a person of wisdom...u at least get a chuckle from a stoopid question? 

• Like 1

I looked at my profile then pulled up my content. I hit the >> to go to the end.

It says my first post was to "Learning alot, but want more info" that is pinned at the top of technical IH talk in 2009. 

however I think I had posted more than it shows because there are long, multi year, gaps and I couldn't find things I'm sure I posted.

Thx-Ace 

ps sorry for the odd font. idk what happened 

• Like 1

OK I know the 'see your activity' feature is wrong.

I pulled up my activity and it showed no post between 2009 and 2014. I know I was posting then. 

So I searched on Google and found posts I made  between 2009 and 2012.

So it's screwed up.

I guess it's no big deal but...

Thx-Ace