I don’t know anything about golf to speak of other than the one time I went I found out that they don’t like you driving the cart on the short grass....  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Golf=hitting a small ball and you have to chase it

31 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I don’t know anything about golf to speak of other than the one time I went I found out that they don’t like you driving the cart on the short grass....  

Baseball = you hit a ball and someone else has to chase it…

I prefer baseball 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

They don’t like cowboy boots on the short  grass either. Don’t ask me how I know. 

• Haha 3

What I know about golf.

If you shell out enough money you can play golf around the rattle snakes near Valentine Ne. Son has sent pictures that I can't find. 

• Like 1

i love golf, it saved me tons of money due to my sons scholarship!!!! that last time I beat him was when he was about 11 IIRC, i am horrible at golf he took the good stuff from his GPA and worked hard at it. He does it for a living now - this is my son Nelson at pebble beach tournament with one of the famous golfers you should know

image.png.25519cb33663dcd15415186c3417fe90.png

image.png.e1d8c9c2a9d57c037254e2143236ee79.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cjf711 said:

21 cigarettes, 12 packs of peanut m&ms and 12 diet cokes in 1 round of golf at age 56.   guess which of the above guys that was.

Probably a pint of vodka to boot

5 hours ago, red2thebone sr said:

They don’t like cowboy boots on the short  grass either. Don’t ask me how I know. 

Depends on the course. The couple times I tagged along for a round nobody said anything to me. They’d be crap out of luck anyway because boots are the only footwear I own.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

the one time I went golfing I found driving the carts was the only fun part. Raced em to every hole. We had a fast one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Michigan No Till said:

Like it @searcyfarms

Young man should do well having Tom Watson as a mentor.

tom is a wonderful man, he has been so very kind to my son - he still plays golf with my son and they have been working towards a new mentoring program for the first tee organization - my son provides me stories to tell in a realm i have never been so much as even near let alone heard of. I grew up so far away from golf the only thing I ever did with it as a kid was practice shooting at a couple balls i found with my .22 the rest of teh time it was honing my skills on walnuts. 

my son is close to a scratch golfer - im usually 120 to 110 on a good day - i love to go with my son just to see him hit the ball its pretty dang cool 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 4:58 PM, Alan Dinan said:

Golf=hitting a small ball and you have to chase it

Baseball = you hit a ball and someone else has to chase it…

I prefer baseball 

or softball ( fastpitch ) 

• Like 1

I'd be really proud of Nelson too.

Golf is the most bashed on sport.

Buying your kids and grand kids a plastic set of clubs for their third or fourth birthday is like a Gerber first insurance policy.

Better than them running with the local pack of trouble maker kids that always are getting into trouble.

Making jokes of the game is all good, but usually done by the guy that can't hit the little white ball that's sitting on the ground!

• Like 1

My problem with golf is it takes alot of time. Working on the farm I just don't have alot of spare time and choose other activities.

My friends who golf mostly use it as a way to get away from the house...

If I worked a 9 to 5 job and lived in the city it would be different.

Thx-Ace 

1 hour ago, acem said:

My problem with golf is it takes alot of time. Working on the farm I just don't have alot of spare time and choose other activities.

My friends who golf mostly use it as a way to get away from the house...

If I worked a 9 to 5 job and lived in the city it would be different.

Thx-Ace 

amen, its not a working mans sport no time for it - hence why i could never take much of it in with my son, too much to do and too many responsibilities hoping that changes when I retire