Jump to content

Working the 856 custom


Recommended Posts

I've got 2 landlord's that put in deer plots, I used the 14' IH 470 disc with the 856. Small field close to farm is clay and wasn't much of a load but today I went up to the sand field and worked 3 acres twice. 1st high,  direct was a good load with the disc buried to the spools. Definitely needs wheel weights, plenty of tire spin. Love the sound of the turboed 407!

 

20220726_120800.jpg

20220724_135326.jpg

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice pics.  I’ve got a 14’ 370.  The 470 must weigh a fair amount more.  Tandem lift wheels and heavier frame at least by the looks of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Nice pics.  I’ve got a 14’ 370.  The 470 must weigh a fair amount more.  Tandem lift wheels and heavier frame at least by the looks of it. 

Must not be much to that 370, I think the 470 is light!!! I've never actually seen an IH disc with single wheels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have 14' 470 and Dad still has the old 14' 37 he used when I was very young.  Huge difference between the 2.  But as was mentioned the 470 is still quite light compared to a 490, 496, or modern disk.  My 470 has single wheels, tandems were an option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow, H1 with a disk? That moving right along! 
We pulled JD disk’s in L3, wot, not that pulled to hard, L3 was just the right ground speed without the front gangs throwing the soil too far out for the rear gangs to grasp the soil.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lars (midessa) said:

Wow, H1 with a disk? That moving right along! 
We pulled JD disk’s in L3, wot, not that pulled to hard, L3 was just the right ground speed without the front gangs throwing the soil too far out for the rear gangs to grasp the soil.

I disk all my bean stubble in the fall with more HP. Shoot for 5 mph.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

Must not be much to that 370, I think the 470 is light!!! I've never actually seen an IH disc with single wheels.

These are the only pictures I had handy. 

F37444EF-8178-4EFA-8037-F1E4E0282487.jpeg

35936E8F-85C4-4723-B01C-79B74267F4A2.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...