Jump to content

rowse double mower


Recommended Posts

I am using a set of double mowers from my cousin and the mower trips way too easily is there an easy fix or replacement pieces I can put on to stop this from happening trying to mow grass hay and it continually will trip and you have to back up to reset and go again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have that with the new idea trailer. When I get into what i call swamp grass very heavy , have to drop from second to first on a Farmall c .

id say number one cause is cutter bar to section clearance (wear) . Also pitch of cutter to section .  Webb sayes the pitch is slightly up , ( this I never understand) but what he recommended with under serrated section on new idea. 

no getting around it you got to address the issues what ever the cause . 
 

best thing is call mfg. see if they got any body will talk you through this issue . Later others said 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

I have that with the new idea trailer. When I get into what i call swamp grass very heavy , have to drop from second to first on a Farmall c .

id say number one cause is cutter bar to section clearance (wear) . Also pitch of cutter to section .  Webb sayes the pitch is slightly up , ( this I never understand) but what he recommended with under serrated section on new idea. 

no getting around it you got to address the issues what ever the cause . 
 

best thing is call mfg. see if they got any body will talk you through this issue . Later others said 

Is the cutter bar centered to the rock guard ledger plates ?This very important ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are leaf springs underneath and I was told to add springs and that will solve my problem

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/27/2022 at 7:59 AM, maxxum 140 said:

There are leaf springs underneath and I was told to add springs and that will solve my problem

I didn’t see this right away. Where those leaf springs are a roller on the long spring resides. Kick the bar back and lookin it sideways. The rolller has a bad flat spot or the casting is worn bad. Had to replace many of those parts over the years. It is the same as what the ih mowers used but for some reason the rowse parts seem to be softer cast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2022 at 9:59 AM, maxxum 140 said:

I am using a set of double mowers from my cousin and the mower trips way too easily is there an easy fix or replacement pieces I can put on to stop this from happening trying to mow grass hay and it continually will trip and you have to back up to reset and go again

Make sure the gag rod & balance spring are set right to make sure there's not too much weight on the inner shoe. Also, grease the breakaway as little as possible.

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...